To angry man riding past Blairgowrie Primary this morning…

Barry Stuart

Huh?

Did you have too much coffee this morning?

Don't attack me and call me names in the same breath as saying someone else is a nasty person for being aggressive and saying rude things to people.

Maybe YOU should look at the stress in your life as the OP suggested? 

Alternatively have a giggle, read Adrian Mole and drink some chamomile tea.

Or was it you and you're trying to deflect? (again, asking for a friend)

Pump the brakes, ladies, its only Tuesday

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on a mountain bike. In his defence, he looked super professionally kitted out.

Thanks for the save!

Ja, MTBers who wear team kit, or matching bibs and jerseys on training rides...

"Roadies

He was on a mountain bike. In his defence, he looked super professionally kitted out."

OOOOOOps lol ^_^  ^_^

see you dont have to be a dick to be a roadie.. but it helps :whistling:

True, one indeed does not have to be a dick / box or otherwise to be roadie, but being loaded on some junk seems to help, if only for one's asthma...

I must add to this,

Go and run the spruit on the weekend, when I run I greet almost everyone(and definitely every single dog)

most runners reply with a nod or a wave or a howsit.

If you lucky roughly 1/3rd of mtb riders reply, most just charge on and ignore you clearly strava (w)ankering their way through life.

If you go for a cycle on the spruit:

you will get a reply from almost all mtb riders except the true die hard strava (w)ankers, 

The number of runners that will reply stays the same.

Cyclists treat runners and people on foot the same way cars treat cyclists, it is a sad truth.

Yep have to agree-The Spruit doubles as my run route that I run with the dogs if I am doing Intervals or such like otherwise I run through from the Blue Bridge to Emmerentia. So very familiar with the type and it takes all kinds. But these guys who chase the fame of Strava-you can see the manic desperation-and they get bedonderd if you say something. I have taught my dogs to give track and mostly I get a Thank You but I know when I am on the Spruit to leave my ego at home.  .         

Yep have to agree-The Spruit doubles as my run route that I run with the dogs if I am doing Intervals or such like otherwise I run through from the Blue Bridge to Emmerentia. So very familiar with the type and it takes all kinds. But these guys who chase the fame of Strava-you can see the manic desperation-and they get bedonderd if you say something. I have taught my dogs to give track and mostly I get a Thank You but I know when I am on the Spruit to leave my ego at home.  .         

can't these strava sections in public parks be flagged for removal to make it safer for the park users?

I must add to this,

Go and run the spruit on the weekend, when I run I greet almost everyone(and definitely every single dog)

If you lucky roughly 1/3rd of mtb riders reply, most just charge on and ignore you clearly strava (w)ankering their way through life.

you will get a reply from almost all mtb riders except the true die hard strava (w)ankers, 

Cyclists treat runners and people on foot the same way cars treat cyclists, it is a sad truth.

Have sadly also noticed the same on my runs and rides... the mountain bike fraternity has sadly and most definitely been infiltrated en masse by some other worldly snobbery I just can't quite comprehend. 

Barry, maybe we should setup a regular Tuesday coffee the next few weeks with a base ball bat in tow for any Stravassholes trying to mow down our little ones?

Have sadly also noticed the same on my runs and rides... the mountain bike fraternity has sadly and most definitely been infiltrated en masse by some other worldly snobbery I just can't quite comprehend

Barry, maybe we should setup a regular Tuesday coffee the next few weeks with a base ball bat in tow for any Stravassholes trying to mow down our little ones?

I blame Specialized

I must add to this,

you know, it been a while since the old "he greet me, he greet me not" little chestnut, surely its time for a redux? And seeing that Jewbacca has repurposed "Transcendental Tuesday" into Bedonderde Dinsdag, why not throw in a whinge session about the Spruit?

Somebody did already?  Jirrrr, who knew?

you know, it been a while since the old "he greet me, he greet me not" little chestnut, surely its time for a redux? And seeing that Jewbacca has repurposed "Transcendental Tuesday" into Bedonderde Dinsdag, why not throw in a whinge session about the Spruit?

Somebody did already?  Jirrrr, who knew?

Also maybe its harder to wave as a cyclist because you have to take  a hand off the bar while trying to avoid a dog or dog turd? 

What are the chances this guy is on Strava ?

Brings to mind that thread about the guy from CT who tracked down his attacker and went and had a drink with the guy.

This cyclist needs to sit down with the OP and the school kids and have a chat.

Why, oh why do you feel the needed to be greeted by everyone you see on the trail, on the road, on the mountain.

Get some friends...

I do not know you, probably do not want to know you, so why must I greed you.  Do you greed every motorist when in your car, or every person in the mall when you walk past them.  Come one man, get over it.