To angry man riding past Blairgowrie Primary this morning…

Barry Stuart

So you measure toughness on whether someone can ride a bicycle or not? Interesting

well its better than judging it on wever he kan smak a oke wif a brik ek se ^_^ 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must add to this,

Go and run the spruit on the weekend, when I run I greet almost everyone(and definitely every single dog)

most runners reply with a nod or a wave or a howsit.

If you lucky roughly 1/3rd of mtb riders reply, most just charge on and ignore you clearly strava (w)ankering their way through life.

If you go for a cycle on the spruit:

you will get a reply from almost all mtb riders except the true die hard strava (w)ankers, 

The number of runners that will reply stays the same.

Cyclists treat runners and people on foot the same way cars treat cyclists, it is a sad truth.

Who cares who you greet...

Dear hub diary(tongue in cheek)

I greet because it’s polite and it doesn’t cost me anything, regardless of who I pass, and I don’t expect anything in return. Sometimes people are having a bad day and just don’t feel like it. Also there is the chance that should something happen to me, the person that I greeted might be the one that I have to ask for assistance. Now I’m sure that that person would be more inclined to help a friendly cyclist than the box that raced past trying to get a pr.

Edited by batmobile

Pity one of the kids didnt drop one of the lollipop signs directly in line with his face as he sped through the pedestrian crossing.

That would have been glorious!

Were you running @barry.... Time to inspect your flybys on strava

I'm afraid the only run I was doing was the school run and Garmin haven't set that as an activity option yet.

This is not the same. When I walk in the mall, everyone is walking so no. When I ride my car majority are riding their car so no. When I go to a bike race everyone is on a bike so no. When riding my bike training and I see another cyclist, runner i do greet.

Hi Scotty....

[Noddingheademoticon]

Long time no see on da hub

"can't these strava sections in public parks be flagged for removal to make it safer for the park users?"

Surely the ******* idiots using that app (in that way) should have an inherent sense of responsibility towards the safety of the general public around the particular public area they've (the eedjits) decided should be raceworthy.

Pricks, the lot of 'em.

I'm back on the commuter run so this behaviour sits very badly with me.

Edit: spaces and a typo.

Edited by cfcjim

I'm afraid the only run I was doing was the school run and Garmin haven't set that as an activity option yet.

you going to be doing the same school run at the same time tomorrow with a video camera ?

Motor cyclists greet each other all the time out on the road.Why can't cyclists do it?I like saying hi to my fellow sportsman out enjoy the fresh air and outdoors.

Do they?

I kill everyone I meet. When I am happy I kill them. When I am sad I kill them. Sometimes I kill them slowly, passionately. Sometimes I kill them quickly cos they don't taste great.

Edit: blush, I meant kiss.

Or do I mean greet? So sick of 'new rules' of required behaviour.

(Jeeeeezuz, people each to their own. If you don't want recognition, don't come on here and tell everyone what a saint you are. If you do want recognition for every head nod, maybe you're not getting it because people think you have palsy and feel sorry for you instead. Just enjoy your day and call out a d*cK if you see one.)