[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

that sucks, where were you parked? just asking so people know what the MO is of these chops

I've parked at ICC convention centre a few times. nice and equidistant between start and finish, straight off the highway and i suppose secure.

We parked close to the staring venue on the castles side... not sure which flippen street it is. Quiet a big parking area filled with other cyclist as well and a about 800m away from the start. Hence the reason we parked there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was our 5th CTCT, started in JS at 07h10 and finished 11mins slower than last year, 3h38.

Was a super tough day.

We ride to raise awareness and funds for www.raisinghopesa.com and NPO (NPO 176-282) that works to assist families affected by children with neurological disorders.  Inclusivity in cycling and other sports is so crucial and it is where disability meets possibility.

you can support the work the NPO does  at www.tinyurl.com/ycyfjnys 

Big thanks to all the additional helping hands yesterday 

post-7377-0-20511200-1552287435_thumb.jpg

post-7377-0-70907500-1552287441_thumb.jpg

post-7377-0-29833600-1552287449_thumb.jpg

post-7377-0-82989700-1552288153_thumb.jpg

We parked close to the staring venue on the castles side... not sure which flippen street it is. Quiet a big parking area filled with other cyclist as well and a about 800m away from the start. Hence the reason we parked there.

Yeah *** idea that... That area is dodgy at the best of times, and while I understand you may have been thrown off by the event, you would have been better off parking nearer to the finish...

Sorry for your loss man, it must have been such a bad experience to get back to that...

That was Lekker, did a 3:01. Missed the crash at misty cliffs.

Good hard day out for the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one! i managed a 3h2m44s in & group.

was shattered from fighting the wind.

i think our group was all in all very well behaved

There was a terrible crash on misty cliffs in &, guy with broken ribs, friends on scene said was being sorted out with medics. Okes rear triangle snapped and rear wheel went on walk abouts!!

i was 4th wheel on the right hand side.

something happened at the front on the left and people when down.

someone drifted so fast to the right to avoid the crash and took out a guy in front on me - i was lucky, i  just missed him as he skidded across towards us. the guy next to me hit him square and came down.

was a nasty sounding crash! 

There was some knob doing it in & group on a single speed, as expected that ended on a pile on the floor while trying to do 256 rpm cadence...

Sure he is going to have a Lekker story to tell [emoji849]

Enter my father!

64 year old multiple SA champ across multiple disciplines.

looking to win his category for amashova, argus and 94.7 on a SS with a 50/17 gearing.

he was climbing chapmans peak coming past riders as he was getting on top of the gear.

someone swerved right in front of him and took his front wheel out. 

pedals, bars, frame, shoes, shirt, phone all stuffed.

shoulder very sore and plenty skin missing.

he admits he should have given more space and the crash is as much his fault as the guy who switched him.

as for you expecting him to fall. shame on you.

Edited by Furbz

This was our 5th CTCT, started in JS at 07h10 and finished 11mins slower than last year, 3h38.

Was a super tough day.

We ride to raise awareness and funds for www.raisinghopesa.com and NPO (NPO 176-282) that works to assist families affected by children with neurological disorders.  Inclusivity in cycling and other sports is so crucial and it is where disability meets possibility.

you can support the work the NPO does  at www.tinyurl.com/ycyfjnys 

Big thanks to all the additional helping hands yesterday 

Some serious pistons there to do a 3:38 with David in tow! Well done and lekker to see people doing CTCC for more than themselves :clap:

Watched a guy walk into our shoot (3F) with a 6something number. Mashals are so busy making sure that we had our chips and boards they were not actually checking numbers.

Think Big Wout managed that. Racetec provisionally seem to calculate your group start time to you actual finish time and ignores the split timing. His Racetec tracking show something much slower.

I got a guy at Cape Point on a MTB with 6K and I started in 1C, he must have taken Ou Kaapseweg as a shortcut

You must put that in comic sans. Even taking Ou Kaapse weg he would have struggled to get there the same time as you. I doubt 6K have even started when you got to Cape Point.

I got a guy at Cape Point on a MTB with 6K and I started in 1C, he must have taken Ou Kaapseweg as a shortcut

I was also in 1C and saw the same guy on the mtb thought to myself am I really that slow ????

Thanks for the top guys in 2H.  We had a small group of about six who pulled hard through to Smits.  From there it started to break up a bit, so lots of lonely riding with no group.  All in all, I enjoyed it and came 3rd in my start group.  Hoping this gets my poor road seeding back on track.

Sorry to hear that is how your day ended but that area is super dodge even on a normal day

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

Or just park at the Waterfront. Did it that way for every Argus/CTCT I did from 2011, and never had a problem. I rather pay the R40 parking fee and know my car is safe.

I pulled into CBD a bit later than I wanted to and for a moment looked at some of the on street parking wondering whether it's a good idea.

Decided not and stuck to my parkade that I've been using for years.

It did mean that I ended up literally at the very back of my group which also ended up being massive at almost 500.

My mom won her age group, I am never going to hear the end of this, along with her podium at DC.

She has prepared an Oscars length speech, am 100% she is going to wear her Savage top and will thank our partners Ciovita, Bikehub, Driving Force, Concept Speed and me. 

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: