[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I have seen. Think he is referring to his current index and the fact that he eats too much banana bread and patch will still beat him :whistling:

Work has been rather hectic this year, not enough time to ride. Only started riding to work again this week.

Work has been rather hectic this year, not enough time to ride. Only started riding to work again this week.

I know all about that. I ride my commuter only, my other 7 bikes are full of dust. Need to dust off the tandems asap. Last time I rode my race tandem was Argus 2018............

I know all about that. I ride my commuter only, my other 7 bikes are full of dust. Need to dust off the tandems asap. Last time I rode my race tandem was Argus 2018............

Same here. Commuting every day. Some intervals from traffic light to traffic light. Sprint up all small hills. One long ride on the weekend. No special programme anymore. Just ride my bike.

You coming down just for the day or you have some time for a Bootlegger ride?

You coming down just for the day or you have some time for a Bootlegger ride?

Coming down Saturday Morning. Back Sunday afternoon. Hopefully next year I can ship the whole family down for longer.

Best seeding ever, worst fitness in years. *YAY*

For me it is actually the other way around - ironically...

Can't remember the last time I was this fit, but for 5 road races in a row I either punctured, crashed or arrived late at the start (or any combination of the above)

This Sunday in Paarl was the first time in 6 months I didn't mess up, but too little too late I guess.

Can't remember the last time I was this fit, but for 5 road races in a row I either punctured, crashed or arrived late at the start (or any combination of the above)

This Sunday in Paarl was the first time in 6 months I didn't mess up, but too little too late I guess.

+ 0.5

Havent been this fit in many years, probably ever.

But havent done any events since 947 so dont know how I will fair and seeding is only using 2018 947 to seed me.

Still, I think I should be able to do a PB this year, conditions dependent. 

They use Paarl race so will be fine.

That's bad luck. I heard a PING next to me on the start line 60 seconds we started the Stellies race,a guy's spoke decided it had had enough

It’s quite nice to be an average rider - don’t have to worry about my seeding and just enjoy the ride - I was thinking of starting further back so I can feel like a superstar and pass loads of people and have fun -I won’t do it though because no matter where you start there’s always the pressure to improve

Hi Guys,

I have an entry for sale if anyone is interested. Unfortunately I broke my hand early in January , and have not fully recovered enough to train properly or do long distances.

Substitutions open on the 13th , so PM me if you are interested.

Team DJR decided to join the PPA Safe Cycling group this year and (hopefully) ride it together as a team. That is, if I can convince the youngsters to wait for me on the climbs. On the flats and into a headwind, my old diesel still has something to offer. For me it means an earlier than expected start because I rode the last one with DJR Senior for his 80th birthday, so my seeding took a bit of a blow. He won't be riding this year and I get the idea he's a bit grumpy about it, so much so that he decided to flee the Cape altogether and go spend the whole of March in Kruger. I suspect it is to prevent him from just getting on his bike and riding it rogue on the day! Don't ever think 81 year olds cannot get up to naughty stuff!

Edited by DJR

Team DJR decided to join the PPA Safe Cycling group this year and (hopefully) ride it together as a team. That is, if I can convince the youngsters to wait for me on the climbs. On the flats and into a headwind, my old diesel still has something to offer. For me it means an earlier than expected start because I rode the last one with DJR Senior for his 80th birthday, so my seeding took a bit of a blow. He won't be riding this year and I get the idea he's a bit grumpy about it, so much so that he decided to flee the Cape altogether and go spend the whole of March in Kruger. I suspect it is to prevent him from just getting on his bike and riding it rogue on the day! Don't ever think 81 year olds cannot get up to naughty stuff!

what sort of time would this group do? - might be a good way for me to learn how to ride with others if I can keep up of course.