[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, 2:50 and then stop at the water points for snacks. That is the point of the second lap, and is the best part.

Problem is the first few waterpoints usually don't have snacks. Only once you get to Simons Town they give you something to eat

I see weather reports predict a SE of 37km/h with gusts into the 80km/h + zone. Hoo boy... going to be pretty unsafe, no?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've decided I'm out if there are gusts like that on the day. I've ridden winds like that on my own no problem but in bunches, the risk of severe injury is just too great.

I might join you if that is the case - there is absolutely no point in risking months of riding for one tour which will just be an unpleasant ride with a lousy time.

I've decided I'm out if there are gusts like that on the day. I've ridden winds like that on my own no problem but in bunches, the risk of severe injury is just too great.

I see weather reports predict a SE of 37km/h with gusts into the 80km/h + zone. Hoo boy... going to be pretty unsafe, no?

I was borderline on buying a last minute entry and driving down, but this settles it. I am not willing to go 0 for 2 because of wind, 2017 was bad enough thank you.

Nope, 2:50 and then stop at the water points for snacks. That is the point of the second lap, and is the best part.

Last time I did 2 laps, there was nothing on the tables, just poweraid and water.

Last time I did 2 laps, there was nothing on the tables, just poweraid and water.

I found Bar Ones and bananas (I stopped at half a dozen) but that was five years ago. And I was quite tired. Maybe I was imagining :)

That's liveable. I was looking at Accuweather, not WindGuru. My error.

That windguru forecast is showing in knots, not kmh. The colour Red also suggests that it's knots. So it's just as hectic.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by Zub

I generally plan my life around what windguru says. It's too far out to be accurate. Usually what happens is as you get closer to the day the wind prediction drops off a bit and often shifts up a day or two (eg what's currently forecasted for Friday becomes Sunday's forecast. The worrying thing is the lack of wind we've had this last week and also the lack of wind forecast for next few days, usually the south easter comes to collect its pound of flesh. I'd put money on it being windy next Sunday, but not as strong as currently predicted. Write that down...