[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

I tell you what – I rather ride in the wind – even quite a strong one – and on a hot windless day. You work harder in the wind but somehow it doesn't feel nearly as bad.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

power of positive thinking!!

(unlikely though, kitesurfers are already planning leave till next wednesday)

May find themselves marooned by Monday evening or do they need the two days to recover?

https://www.windguru.cz/91

Edited by DieselnDust

I tell you what – I rather ride in the wind – even quite a strong one – and on a hot windless day. You work harder in the wind but somehow it doesn't feel nearly as bad.

Clearly you lack experience of pedaling into a strong Kaapse Dokter headwind...I will take hot every time.

I tell you all this talk of wind and cancellation is creating more suspense than a Mills and Boone Novel

Mills and Boone books have no suspense. Just leave the book on it's spine to find the good bits...

All this talk about headwind out and tailwind back - I cycled the 2009 event, and the only thing that kept me going to Simon's Town was the thought that the wind would surely be at our backs once we're over Smits...except it wasn't...

2009 was a headwind for 109km

Clearly you lack experience of pedaling into a strong Kaapse Dokter headwind...I will take hot every time.

I don't know about your Kaapse Doktor but I've done enough riding into E Cape (East London area) gale force winds. You work hard and go slooowly but I find the heat to be a far bigger killer. But yes, a light breeze is always better if one has a choice. The E Cape boys say "any wind is better than no wind" and I think they are mostly right. :-)

All this talk about headwind out and tailwind back - I cycled the 2009 event, and the only thing that kept me going to Simon's Town was the thought that the wind would surely be at our backs once we're over Smits...except it wasn't...

Just think about it, its the only day everyone's a hair model......