Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

All mth's have usage restrictions. Have you read Speciaiized or cannondale or Giant or swift or Momsen or Pyga or..... Or.... Or...

It's standard terms and conditions of the warranty. If you read some companies t&c you may not want to ride your bike at all!

I beg to differ

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to tell you to take what I am about to say in the best spirit possible OP.

I'm really not sure what's more fragile here - the ego of male 86kg one-level-below-pro-sub-vet or a 250g paper-thin TT of a Canyon Aeroad ...

Many of us KNOW that riding with ANY weight on the top tube (even as a World Tour pro) is silly - you'll never win us over to your view (no matter how long your posts are). Even many experienced pros know its silly.

And, I also really don't want to be behind some palooka going down Chappies in ANY group (be it Elites, 1A group, sub-vets or group 28Z, I've ridden in all of them) who thinks he's entitled to supertuck because Sagan does it and because said palooka has a flash frame. Said palooka is endangering my life.

I think it's time to move on and let it go now.

Ja

And people stop quoting the OPs lengthy thesis’s

It’s consuming all the screenwidth on my hub viewing device

this has been a great thread for two reasons:

*the above video

*the amount of times the word BRAKE has been used incorrectly without anyone getting riled up about it.

I really like Canyon.

A) their bikes are so hot even Nairo looks cool on them

B)they're disruptors. good luck to them

Want to buy mine? Top tube is cracked but If you dont aerotuck you'll be hundreds

The centrifugal forces will still keep your bike going in a straight line. I'm not saying your should try to do corners at 90km/h in the ST but going down a straight road is really not that big a deal. And going from the ST to normal standing position is probably about 0.5sec. Hence me saying, not that big a deal.

You have not read the whole thread have you?

Speed readers and super tuckers unite

next you going say super tucking is not a big deal

You have not read the whole thread have you?

Speed readers and super tuckers unite

next you going say super tucking is not a big deal

Nah I didn't.  The first time someone said you shouldn't supertuck I couldn't be bothered  because that was not what the OP was trying to say. 

What do you mean average bike handler?

I can handle a bike rather well and there is no way I would supertuck in any organised cycle event unless I was either waaaaaayyy out in front with all the TV camera's on me, or way back on my own with not a single soul in sight.

Sorry, but the sooner this supertuck is banned the better.

This is also the attitude that will ban riding no-handed, and ban all the fun bits in MTB races.

Want to buy mine? Top tube is cracked but If you dont aerotuck you'll be hundreds

27 pages (on my 'puter) summed up in a sentence.

This is also the attitude that will ban riding no-handed, and ban all the fun bits in MTB races.

Sies man!

We are talking roadies here. Different rules.

Been following this thread for a couple of days now.

This is a helluva complex issue. If I bought a R78k Canyon I would expect to be able to Aero Tuck - although don't have the required skill to pull this off but if I was willing to spend that much money on a bike I would hope that I could pull it off... But that's just me.

Canyon could have been more eloquent in their emails - no doubt about that. Mention of Pro's winnings on a stage and indirectly questioning Rory's skills level - not cool.

The fact that they replaced two frames no questions asked is awesome - speaks to a really client centric attitude, maybe just the delivery of the last message could have been better. 

As for the jabs and snotty remarks about the OP's weight and handling skills - completely unnecessary but I guess it was expected... Banter levels always high.

I am sorry about all of this Ror -  find a lekka frame that you CAN Aerotuck on with confidence and GO RIDE. 

As for the jabs and snotty remarks about the OP's weight and handling skills - completely unnecessary but I guess it was expected... Banter levels always high.

ag calm down. 

We've sorted this out already, 4 pages ago, and been joking with OP and he with us. 

We're all friends here. 

Sies man!

We are talking roadies here. Different rules.

Roadies have to practice skills too.  Braking and cornering and descending are skills that need to be learned and practised and not banned.

Do you want your first emergency stop to be to avoid a car, or to learn how to do it?

Edited by Barend de Arend

Roadies have to practice skills too.  Braking and cornering and descending are skills that need to be learned and practised and not banned.

Do you want your first emergency stop to be to avoid a car, or to learn how to do it?

Do you know how many roadies are going to be offended by your post? They have to learn to use DISK brakes now.

If some twat well trained average road cyclist aerotucks while I am sightseeing argus from the back of the alphabet soup, said average road cyclist will get a mouthful. And I will start a thread on the hub.

ag calm down. 

We've sorted this out already, 4 pages ago, and been joking with OP and he with us. 

We're all friends here. 

Exactly, Rory is a cool guy. He wouldn't have taken any of this too seriously, and he has handled it very rationally.