Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

After comments like this, I have to ask - is this an original Cannondale paint job? https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/288870-cannondale-scalpel-si-2017-frame/

I can't find a pic of a Scalpel SI with those exact lines and all of the green and black Scalpel's I've found have the green decals on the shock...

Seems there were 2 versions for the Team one with Black Downtuve and one with Green downtube.

Black Downtube = Black Chainstay

Green Downtube = Green chainstay

This looks half and half (Was something cracked?)

Also who would sell a Dale without the lefty?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there were 2 versions for the Team one with Black Downtuve and one with Green downtube.

Black Downtube = Black Chainstay

Green Downtube = Green chainstay

This looks half and half (Was something cracked?)

Also who would sell a Dale without the lefty?

It's the half and half together with the incorrect shock decals that had me wondering...

I'm really only asking for a buddy.

Edited by Edge_Design

It's the half and half together with the incorrect shock decals that had me wondering...

I'm really only asking for a buddy.

Forgot to add that also. Yes not the shock that came with the Dale

Every high end bike sold comes with a strange spec that is hugely different from what the bike would have had originally. 2 Examples:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/315090-cannondale-scalpel-1-carbon/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/286002-specialized-s-works/

This is always a concern for me when "dealers" sell bikes like this - there might be a reasonable explanation (parts recovered by insurers and stuck together maybe?) but I feel like it should be explained. What happened to the Lefties, Brains, S-works cranks etc? 

I hope it is easily explained in this case, but this was the MO of Neils Wheels (at least 9 stolen bikes recovered) amongst others so it is something the community should be cautious/aware of.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. 

In my opinion if you sell something on behalf of anyone you need to take responsibility for that transaction. This includes the item's condition, negotiation and disputes. If you are unable to attain this sort of authority get the owner to sell it himdamnself. Whats the point of F*&cking up your own reputation for a buddy that has nothing to do with the forum?? sounds like a quick buck to me.

To add, Mr Slap gat Joe has 2 forum posts and how many ads? this tells me he has nothing of value to add to the BikeHub community and is using it for his own personal financial gain. 

Added to my "do not deal" list 

ACCOUNTABILITY - You made a mistake, you got called on it, accept it and try to make it right.

Silence is not going to make it better.. This is something I drill into my kids daily.

You win some, you lose some.. happens when you try to make a quick buck.

Every high end bike sold comes with a strange spec that is hugely different from what the bike would have had originally. 2 Examples:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/315090-cannondale-scalpel-1-carbon/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/286002-specialized-s-works/

This is always a concern for me when "dealers" sell bikes like this - there might be a reasonable explanation (parts recovered by insurers and stuck together maybe?) but I feel like it should be explained. What happened to the Lefties, Brains, S-works cranks etc?

I hope it is easily explained in this case, but this was the MO of Neils Wheels (at least 9 stolen bikes recovered) amongst others so it is something the community should be cautious/aware of.

Yup. The old chop and rebuild always has warning lights flashing for me!

Dear Joe Funk, here are 2 direct questions:

Do you feel that you have ZERO responsibility to address/respond/remedy any of the concerns raised about a bike that YOU sold, PURELY on the basis that (you claim) it was owned by someone else? (The impliciation is that you  are entitled to wholly misrepresent the condition of a bike you claim to be owned by someone else)

And as a follow up, do you consider yourself without any responsibility for YOUR OWN statements about the generally good condition of the bike?

We'll see what, if anything, you are made of.

Edited by PygaSchmyga

To add, Mr Slap gat Joe has 2 forum posts and how many ads? this tells me he has nothing of value to add to the BikeHub community and is using it for his own personal financial gain. 

Added to my "do not deal" list 

mmmh pipe down a bit.

there are many sellers on the hub with similar 'stats'. 

CWC has 23 posts...

Bell Cycling 149...

Summit Bikes 36...

None really meeting the Rouxtjie rule, yet all buy from them.

so here we go.

i advertised the bike on behalf of some1 .

i get a call from the buyer saying hes interested in buying the bike.

the buyer then neg on the price advertised and we agreed to a price drop.

we then start chatting about the bike,yes i did say its in good working condition.to my knowledge the bike was.in my defense i am not a bike mechanic.

i  mention to the buyer that its not my bike so i can only give info to what i can see on the bike i aslo said that the bike was not used for a while so was standing .after all of that the buy was still happy to buy the bike.

if you look at my rating people that bought items from me or MY personal item are happy.

yes i tried to get hold of the guy but no reply from hes side.

then why didn't you give the buyer your friends number so that he can ask the question? just my 2 cents

I've been following this thread mainly in anticipation of hearing how the dealer handles this situation and must say I'm utterly disappointed in his lack of accountability shown thus far.

It looks like he is just trying to weather the storm and ride it out until the Hub community moves on to the next topic.

This for me, though, will stick and I will think twice about ever dealing with him.

Not sure if it has been said before, but I also have my reservations on anyone having 250 past ads in 7 years . That's 35-36 ads per year. That is some serious peddling.