Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of the guy but with no luck. If it was my personal bike and if I was aware of what the buyer listed then I would either refund or give a portion to replace. however it was not my bike.

It was your personal ad, sunshine

If you think this is an acceptable response, then you are sorely misled.

Admin, surely there should be a system for blackballing this sort of thing - just throw rubbish like this off the Hub?  This oke could not give 2 $hits, and continues to sell stuff?  Yes, OP was a complete idiot for buying unseen, but then there is the argument of rated sellers, Hub trust etc etc.  At some point, the system needs to maintain its integrity by getting rid of fraudsters

A quick search on True Caller on the number shared in the OP returns:

Junaid Scammer

Please people, get the app!

His first hubname was junaid01

I don't understand the 'selling for a buddy' thing.  When placing an ad you can put in whatever phone number and email address you want, so why not just put in your buddies details?  If you get a PM you can forward it on letting the sender know you're doing so and thereby taking yourself out of the equation.   That seems like the logical thing to do based on the issues mentioned previously. 

Also, it really isn't difficult for the buddy to create his own account.  He may not have any posts or trader feedback but there are still lots of people who will still trade without these. 

I'm also beginning to wonder about the authenticity of the items being posted though.  It seems odd to have so many buddies who can't post items for themselves, unless that's just your front because you have no idea of the history of said item and want to distance yourself from any issues which may arrise...

Why the name change?

No idea. It was in 2011 so nothing to do with the fracas.

First was Junaidd then junaid01 then Jo funk.

Have we now seen photos of what the bike actually looked like

compared to advertising photos - If it is not the same IT IS FRAUD and OP has got a criminal case.

I've bought from him in the past and all was perfect

he clearly buys and sells plenty.

To have had the same hubname for 7 years and have 30 odd ratings with only one negative is a seriously good track record.

I dunno why he would act like this and potentially ruin a reputation that is clearly worth keeping.

All he needed to do was admit fault and return the cash, the only thing lost would have been shipping costs.

he clearly buys and sells plenty.

To have had the same hubname for 7 years and have 30 odd ratings with only one negative is a seriously good track record.

I dunno why he would act like this and potentially ruin a reputation that is clearly worth keeping.

All he needed to do was admit fault and return the cash, the only thing lost would have been shipping costs.

agreed.

maybe i missed it, but what was discussed before the OP got all parts repaired and replace?