Name and shame - HUB Member

The Bike Vendor

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Different tires, specialized bar, syncros seatpost... I would rather pay more for NEW less.

This here is the reason why I can't get myself to buy a second hand mountain bike.

actually, that sounds a lot like a bunch of bikes have been stripped and put back together to not resemble their prevous form....

Edited by Furbz

Sounds like the seller could have sorted this out quite easily .

I also don't buy the "selling on behalf of a friend "story .

You as the seller are STILL responsible if you don't offer the friends details ....

Sounds like the seller could have sorted this out quite easily .

I also don't buy the "selling on behalf of a friend "story .

You as the seller are STILL responsible if you don't offer the friends details ....ADVERTISE THE BIKE AND ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR THE BIKE

There, fixed it

actually, that sounds a lot like a bunch of bikes have been stripped and put back together to not resemble their prevous form....

Someone who sells a lot of product must have a good pipeline.

I wonder if he is scrupulous in checking the provenance of the stuff he buys or that he sells "on behalf of a friend".....

w du plessis, on 06 Sept 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

It's all good... Maybe this deal went south... But everyone has something to say... Yet no one posts under their real names??? Something to hide do you??

I'm not quite sure what the point is you're trying to make Willem/Wouter/Wimpie/Wagter.

"Maybe this deal went south". No "maybe" about it, it did.

"Everyone has something to say". Uhm, yes. It's a forum. That is kind of the point.

"Yet no one posts under their real names". Your point being? Not exactly forum feature pioneering.

"Something to hide do you?" Yes, plenty. Especially on an open forum where I don't know 90% of the people personally.

I'm not quite sure what the point is you're trying to make Willem/Wouter/Wimpie/Wagter.

"Everyone has something to say". Uhm, yes. It's a forum. That is kind of the point.

"Yet no one posts under their real names". Your point being? Not exactly forum feature pioneering.

"Something to hide do you?" Yes, plenty. Especially on an open forum where I don't know 90% of the people personally.

OR nothing to hide from those who contact me for adds etc but a lot to hide from scamsters, thieves, douchepoles and unsavoury human scum which unfortunately do exist on the interweb.

You can track most of us down via adds, instagram and other avenues if you so wish.

If you have 'plenty to hide' then that's weird. I just have plenty I don't wish to share openly to anyone and everyone.

There is a difference

OR nothing to hide from those who contact me for adds etc but a lot to hide from scamsters, thieves, douchepoles and unsavoury human scum which unfortunately do exist on the interweb.

You can track most of us down via adds, instagram and other avenues if you so wish.

If you have 'plenty to hide' then that's weird. I just have plenty I don't wish to share openly to anyone and everyone.

There is a difference

Mmmm, I stand corrected. Could have phrased that better. Point is, like you alluded to, plenty of criminals out there that I would not want to share any personal information with

I have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of the guy but with no luck. If it was my personal bike and if I was aware of what the buyer listed then I would either refund or give a portion to replace. however it was not my bike.

No. Just. No.

You're arguing like a secondhand car salesman (your business modus operandi, clearly...).

Your sale, your responsibility.

Just your indifference and nonchalance in resolving this matter should send you off to a place far away from good and decent people wanting to spend hard-earned money on proper deals.

Sies man.        

Edited by Karooryder

I have tried on numerous occasions to get hold of the guy but with no luck. If it was my personal bike and if I was aware of what the buyer listed then I would either refund or give a portion to replace. however it was not my bike.

Where do you get all these bikes and parts to sell, you seem to have "many friends" you're selling for?

From what I can see the feedback on his previous transactions is excellent,and there are a number of well known Hub names amongst them...until this oke comes along.

Mr Funk sells bikes and parts for his many "friends" at a steal..

Many hubbers getting stuff at bargain prices.

After comments like this, I have to ask - is this an original Cannondale paint job? https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/288870-cannondale-scalpel-si-2017-frame/

I can't find a pic of a Scalpel SI with those exact lines and all of the green and black Scalpel's I've found have the green decals on the shock...

Main reason why I try not to use my real name on forums is if identity theft.

Just by publishing his cell number I could in few minutes find out what his real name is, his email , where he lives, what he looks like, what events he likes to enter ,  what stuff he likes to buy.  So , very quickly you have enough info to impersonate this person...  

After comments like this, I have to ask - is this an original Cannondale paint job? https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/288870-cannondale-scalpel-si-2017-frame/

I can't find a pic of a Scalpel SI with those exact lines and all of the green and black Scalpel's I've found have the green decals on the shock...

Could possibly be that if the seller knows that something is not 100% (or even 60%) with a particular bike / item, then it is sold as "selling on behalf of a Buddy"...then it could be deflected away from him when the deal goes South...the other bikes / items that are OKAY and happy with the condition would be sold as normal... :ph34r: