Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortuantly due to current financial constraints and the fact my daughter needs a new bike if I can pick up one of these Makro specials I will go for it.

It's one thing supporting a brand - it's another supporting it to the point where you screw yourself - I'd happily buy one of these Makro bargains then strip and turn it into a daily commuter. 

As someone else said - if you like the 'dales keep an eye on www.obike.com - pretty good deals on older models from time to time - not quite Walmart mass discount like these two bikes but pretty good.

It's one thing supporting a brand - it's another supporting it to the point where you screw yourself - I'd happily buy one of these Makro bargains then strip and turn it into a daily commuter. 

As someone else said - if you like the 'dales keep an eye on www.obike.com - pretty good deals on older models from time to time - not quite Walmart mass discount like these two bikes but pretty good.

I picked up my wife`s Dale on obike when it first started a few years ago.

I also keep an eye on that site but with the popularity of Dales these day there seem to be fewer bargains, suppose they are selling most of their stock.

I’m getting one for a friend, let’s see, so far i’m ahead in the quee.. ????

Did you sleep outside? That oak at Woodmead on the circle at the Makro entrance normally light his fires for his boerie rolls nice and early...

As much as I detest makro (have never met any competent staff at any of their stores, whats new), these bikes are fairly specced for their prices. I rode a older rigid Genesys bike with a 3x7 altus groupset when I started out and it was good enough to ride Rietvlei's rock garden with. These bikes can and hopefully will bring a small influx of new cyclists into the country. For now that ought to be a good thing, at least in terms of cycling awareness!

Edited by Dirkitech

Did you sleep outside? That oak at Woodmead on the circle at the Makro entrance normally light his fires for his boerie rolls nice and early...

Well if he did go, he will be sleeping there till the 4th October ????????????

That's a straight steerer and I can attest after looking for a new fork for my Momsen that finding a fork for a straight steerer is a challenge...bear that in mind if you buy one with the intention to upgrade as time goes on...

That's a straight steerer and I can attest after looking for a new fork for my Momsen that finding a fork for a straight steerer is a challenge...bear that in mind if you buy one with the intention to upgrade as time goes on...

And these bikes would have been made in 2015 with 2014 spec parts. Those bikes and more importantly the forks have been sitting in a box/container for 4 year with no movement. 

Why is it that people seem to think that Distributors are evil money grabbers?

When I ran a bike shop in SA I had a pretty personal relationship with most Distributors and I gotta say they're pretty normal people doing pretty normal jobs.

The cars parked outside their premises are pretty normal and the way they live is pretty normal. Where are all the people that are making the huge cash by ripping us off? I certainly didn't see any...

Anyone who dares make a profit on a bicycle related sale will earn themselves a flogging. 

It is the law of Bikehub.

Why is it that people seem to think that Distributors are evil money grabbers?

When I ran a bike shop in SA I had a pretty personal relationship with most Distributors and I gotta say they're pretty normal people doing pretty normal jobs.

The cars parked outside their premises are pretty normal and the way they live is pretty normal. Where are all the people that are making the huge cash by ripping us off? I certainly didn't see any...

LOL, anyone that goes out of their way to prevent SA consumers from buying their distributed brands through any channel but theirs (at their prices) certainly doesn't get my support. 

The statement released by Omnico over this Makro deal just about sums it up perfectly. 

Camped right next to him with my own fire...gonna stay here until the time they start bringing in special deals on Specialized bikes :ph34r: