Makro Cannondale

Eugene

So Omnico wont honor any guarantees.

Boo Hoo who cares.

Makro will honor a guarantee as Makro normally do.

If I bought from Makro and it develops issues I will take it back to Makro and definitely not Omnico.

This statement by Omnico seems like a lesson in sour grapes.

As a Grey import, none of the parts will have any sort of warranty from the local agents. That means Makro will carry the full burden of the warranty. Makro has no cycle mechanics, that means if a small part breaks, they can't send it to an agent for repairs, they'll replace the whole bike.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beacuse they fu$ked us all over ,least we not forgot. I don’t .

Do a bit a research and you will see much worse price fixing matters that affected your daily life unless all your disposable income or credit is only spent on cycling.

Lets stay on topic and wait for the big Makro announcement....they might have even made a mistake and published the wholesale price in the original sms.

Other question would be if Makro purchased the bikes through the correct channel, seeing as how much Omnico has invested with Cannondale over the years being the importer, I would be quite p1ssed if they started selling directly to retailers.

We are here to answer and address all comments, concerns and queries around Cannondale Trail 5 & 7. 

Yes, the prices are correct! We will be selling the Trail 7 for R3999 and Trail 5 for R4499 (both 2016 models)

Our distribution and merchandise teams believe that the Trail 7 should be in all Makro stores by Friday 21st September with the second drop of Trail 7 and Trail 5 stock coming into stores around the 5th October. Put your mind at ease and know that all the components are original and the bikes have not been de-specced in any way.

This is not a scam nor is it a Black Friday deal, Makro is here to ensure that you get more of what you want, at a better price. We have plenty of stock, but like all good things, they are not unlimited, (hint: we have more than 1 000 of these babies) and this is a store only deal. We will continue to communicate more information - this is exciting and our buyers have done a proper job on this one, so thanks for the interest. 

P.S We are offering assembly by professional bike personnel at no extra cost.

P.P.S I am not supposed to do this but I'm gonna give you a sneak peek into next week's deal, starting 21 September. (see attached photo)

post-135613-0-46415100-1536851005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Makro SA

Yup, as expected. Not the same bike as is on Cannondale's site.

Edit: Called it being old stock!

Edited by bertusras

No problem, still cheap enough that I can buy one for my daughter if I can get my hands on one.

I think that's the thing. It's still really cheap in comparison with similar other offers in the market. Heck, I might even get one for The Girl to start out with.

I think I'm gonna apply for that assembly job.

Let's get the tender going,

In all honesty though, even though the spec is not great its still a 3rd of the price. What would it cost to get it as close to what it should be?

We are here to answer and address all comments, concerns and queries around Cannondale Trail 5 & 7. 

Yes, the prices are correct! We will be selling the Trail 7 for R3999 and Trail 5 for R4499 (both 2016 models)

Our distribution and merchandise teams believe that the Trail 7 should be in all Makro stores by Friday 21st September with the second drop of Trail 7 and Trail 5 stock coming into stores around the 5th October. Put your mind at ease and know that all the components are original and the bikes have not been de-specced in any way.

This is not a scam nor is it a Black Friday deal, Makro is here to ensure that you get more of what you want, at a better price. We have plenty of stock, but like all good things, they are not unlimited, (hint: we have more than 1 000 of these babies) and this is a store only deal. We will continue to communicate more information - this is exciting and our buyers have done a proper job on this one, so thanks for the interest. 

P.S We are offering assembly by professional bike personnel at no extra cost.

P.P.S I am not supposed to do this but I'm gonna give you a sneak peek into next week's deal, starting 21 September. (see attached photo)

That 5 is a really good deal for beginners or someone buying for their kids.My dropper post costs more

Do a bit a research and you will see much worse price fixing matters that affected your daily life unless all your disposable income or credit is only spent on cycling.

Lets stay on topic and wait for the big Makro announcement....they might have even made a mistake and published the wholesale price in the original sms.

Other question would be if Makro purchased the bikes through the correct channel, seeing as how much Omnico has invested with Cannondale over the years being the importer, I would be quite p1ssed if they started selling directly to retailers.

I was on topic hence my comment!

Now that we've seen the specs of the Trail 5 with hydraulic brakes what would a bike at that level with similar specs cost from Silverback/titan/giant etc?

Other question would be if Makro purchased the bikes through the correct channel, seeing as how much Omnico has invested with Cannondale

I wonder how that works, does it require a capital investment? Also, Cape Cycles used to be the importer, then Omnico. Does Cannondale then refund the investment?

Has to be the walmart connection, they pretty ruthless when it comes to squeezing their suppliers, they prob dont give 2 hoots about Omnico, Cannondale in U.S prob sold them to Walmart.

1000 units is a fair amount for Omnico to swallow?

Distribution network key when you want to move volume.