Makro Cannondale

Eugene

"without the approval or license of Omnico (Pty) Ltd" - 

what a sanctimonious load of bollocks - the competition has just eaten you for lunch and you still come with a superior attitude - perhaps someone should point out that if you cant compete on price then you should offer a better service or some other aspect to customers, but to suggest that Walmart need your approval or license, clearly you don't understand the term competition or you need someone else less sensitive and more pragmatic to word your press release

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacted Makro, apparently they are being inundated with calls and they will send out an sms next week latest regarding availability at stores.

Will monitor this thread with interest !!

That's what I'm wondering. Perhaps they managed to secure a ton of old stock for next to nothing.

could well be.

if it's a RRP R13 000 going for R4400, then they are leaving money on the table.

I don't think they would be that silly charitable 

could well be.

if it's a RRP R13 000 going for R4400, then they are leaving money on the table.

I don't think they would be that silly charitable

Makro has a history of selling items at ridiculous prices to gain market in a certain area; even at a loss.

Some time ago Makro was selling a certain brand of computer hardware for a period of six months at a price cheaper than what the competition could get them from the importers. Easy way to get in, and screw some of the competition over...

Contacted Makro, apparently they are being inundated with calls and they will send out an sms next week latest regarding availability at stores.

Goes to show that one could perhaps sell more of a given product at a lower margin. The demand is there, someone just have to take the plunge on higher volumes/lower margins over higher margins/lower volumes.