Makro Cannondale

Eugene

For that price for a brand new bike, does it really matter?

Probably not. But all the details would be welcome.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At that price I don’t really care for Omnico’s warrantee, at almost a third of the price I can just get another 2 replacements

And it's that attitude which kills the LBS business

Omnico (the authorized SA Cannondale dealers) have asked that we share the following statement from them regarding the Makro deal:

"Please be informed the Cannondale Bicycles currently being advertised and sold by Makro stores in South Africa have been imported without the approval or license of Omnico (Pty) Ltd. As such no guarantee or warrantee in respect of such bicycles will be honoured or fulfilled by Omnico (Pty) Ltd.

In terms of Section 25 (2) of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, Makro are obliged to clearly indicate to the consumer, in all advertising and point of sale, that this is the case.

For more information on our range of Cannondale Bicycles please go to www.cannondale.co.za"

So Omnico wont honor any guarantees.

Boo Hoo who cares.

Makro will honor a guarantee as Makro normally do.

If I bought from Makro and it develops issues I will take it back to Makro and definitely not Omnico.

This statement by Omnico seems like a lesson in sour grapes.

why is everyone saying Makro ....its WAL*MART (shopping with satan :eek: )

Not to argue with you, but I haven't noticed any South African "People of Makro" memes on the internet, so perhaps we're just not at a proper Walmart level yet...  :P

That Makro prices are not consistent with international prices.

I expect a Trail 7 with 3 x 7 drivetrain and cable brakes.  :whistling:

When will specs be out?

Dont forget, certain bike shops and distributors were fined for price fixing. I wonder if this will be revisted once the bikes are in stock.

When will specs be out?

Dont forget, certain bike shops and distributors were fined for price fixing. I wonder if this will be revisted once the bikes are in stock.

Maybe with the Makro sms coming out, they might not even be sure or they are busy buying more stock.

Not the price fixing saga again....why go there :ph34r:

name="Sharkie 2" post="3380207" timestamp="1536847319".

Not the price fixing saga again....why go there :ph34r:
Beacuse they fu$ked us all over ,least we not forgot. I don’t .