Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omnico (the authorized SA Cannondale dealers) have asked that we share the following statement from them regarding the Makro deal:

"Please be informed the Cannondale Bicycles currently being advertised and sold by Makro stores in South Africa have been imported without the approval or license of Omnico (Pty) Ltd. As such no guarantee or warrantee in respect of such bicycles will be honoured or fulfilled by Omnico (Pty) Ltd.

In terms of Section 25 (2) of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, Makro are obliged to clearly indicate to the consumer, in all advertising and point of sale, that this is the case.

For more information on our range of Cannondale Bicycles please go to www.cannondale.co.za"

Omnico (the authorized SA Cannondale dealers) have asked that we share the following statement from them regarding the Makro deal:

"Please be informed the Cannondale Bicycles currently being advertised and sold by Makro stores in South Africa have been imported without the approval or license of Omnico (Pty) Ltd. As such no guarantee or warrantee in respect of such bicycles will be honoured or fulfilled by Omnico (Pty) Ltd.

In terms of Section 25 (2) of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, Makro are obliged to clearly indicate to the consumer, in all advertising and point of sale, that this is the case.

For more information on our range of Cannondale Bicycles please go to www.cannondale.co.za"

Now THIS sounds like the Massmart I know and deal with...

They have international buying power thanks to the Walmart tie in. If its a Rand a unit cheaper to buy it in Outer Mongolia and ship it here rather than use the local distributor, they will do that.

Now THIS sounds like the Massmart I know and deal with...

They have international buying power thanks to the Walmart tie in. If its a Rand a unit cheaper to buy it in Outer Mongolia and ship it here rather than use the local distributor, they will do that.

At that price I don’t really care for Omnico’s warrantee, at almost a third of the price I can just get another 2 replacements

At that price I don’t really care for Omnico’s warrantee, at almost a third of the price I can just get another 2 replacements

true that..

Are these actually in the stores now or they still busy bringing them in?

Has anyone physically seen them?

markup much?

Contacted Makro, apparently they are being inundated with calls and they will send out an sms next week latest regarding availability at stores.

Well it certainly confirms that the sms was real.

I'd like to see that the spec on the bikes is the same as the R12k one.

Well it certainly confirms that the sms was real.

I'd like to see that the spec on the bikes is the same as the R12k one.

Year models will also be interesting.

Year models will also be interesting.

That's what I'm wondering. Perhaps they managed to secure a ton of old stock for next to nothing.

But even if it is a direct Rand Dollar exchange rate, how do they get past import duties. Has the Real Trump been getting into RSA biking as well?