The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Is bringing an animal into this world just so it can have its neck slit in a few weeks’ or months’ time not animal abuse? A cow can live up to 15-20 years, but dairy cows rarely make it past 6, because their bodies give in from forced pregnancy after forced pregnancy. Chickens have been selectively bread to reach slaughter weight in a few weeks time, growing so quickly that their legs can barely support their body weight and they suffer from ammonia burns from living their entire lives in their own excrement. The examples are endless. This is abuse. It is exploitation.

We have no right to do this to these animals. We do it simply because we can. And I don’t think it’s necessary for me to explain as to why ‘Might is Right’ is a morally bankrupt position.

Who is this ‘we’ you constantly reference? And who made these rules up?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, and this is not to stir, I am not sure what the point of this thread is anymore.

Is is to convert people, or to explain the health benefits or to tell people how bad they are for not having the same view on things. You'd probably get further if the argument was more health related than you are no different than a murderer or rapist.

To me there is no difference between some vegan advocates and that pastor who said that kid's art was satanic... kind of if you don't share my view that you are just evil and bad.

Put me off the whole veganism craze the same way a bible basher does with christianity...(or insert whatever extremists views irritates you)

And I say craze because it is.. yes some may be genuine but let's he honest a lot have jumped on the bandwagon... they will advocate for animal welfare and the environment but I bet you they have fancy cars that run on petrol or diesel, plastic replacements for leather and rubber soles on their shoes..oh and a lekker nice carbon bike.

Its not rules, apparently its another set of commandments. Abide by it or go to meat eater hell.

All Delivered with the same zeal and blinkered view as most religions. Pure coincidence, of course...

Easiest remedy here then is for those who are anti and not really bothered, stop reading the thread then and move along...no-one has a gun to your head forcing you to log in and read this...right?

Those who have changed or feel that they could do something to make a difference somehow should carry on reading the thread...

Simple....??!!

I'm going to open up a can of worms here.

I specifically want to refer to all prior studies that has been conducted and claiming that eating meat causes disease and illnesses etc. and the Bshit results which shows that meat eaters blood are murky or whatever it was.

Did those studies involve participants who only ate Halal meat as opposed to unhalal meat and pork?

If you don't know what Halal is, here are some brief pointers:

Animal welfare should be respected throughout the course of an animal's lifetime

In order to emphasise the sanctity of life, the name of God should be invoked prior to slaughter

The method of slaughter must involve a cut to the throat using a single, continuous motion

The slaughter of the animal should sever the carotid artery, windpipe and jugular veins

The spinal cord must remain intact

Knives must not be sharpened in the presence of an animal, nor should animals witness the slaughter of other animals

The knife should be razor sharp and free of blemishes

Animals should not be slaughtered in a position that is uncomfortable

Blood must be entirely drained out prior to the animal being processed further

If you are Vegan, please go and research the benefits of Halal meat versus meat that is not halal.

All studies concerning meat diets which have not taken the above into account is basically junk.

I'm not sure if i am reading this right...

Are you saying an animal killed in a Halaal fashion (blessed(!), no bolt to the head, throat slit) is a better quality animal than those that have a bolt to their head and then their throats slit?

Ok, after a bit of googling I think you mean that with Halaal all the blood is drained out thus removing toxins?

Edited by Mojoman

Easiest remedy here then is for those who are anti and not really bothered, stop reading the thread then and move along...no-one has a gun to your head forcing you to log in and read this...right?

Those who have changed or feel that they could do something to make a difference somehow should carry on reading the thread...

Simple....??!!

Why? Its still debate. Sometimes debate can be uncomfortable and a little offensive. But if you really want to sensor it into a vegan friendly zone maybe admin can turn it into a clubhouse with a password?

Why? Its still debate. Sometimes debate can be uncomfortable and a little offensive. But if you really want to sensor it into a vegan friendly zone maybe admin can turn it into a clubhouse with a password?

No-one is censoring it but if you are not open to a bit of change then you are just wasting your own time really right? You have your mind made up and that is that?

Simple....??!!

In the same breath you could say perhaps those that do not want their views challenged or debated should then rather find their happy place on a forum devoted to veganism where they can condemn all meat eaters without being challenge or having to debate their views?[emoji2368]

No-one is censoring it but if you are not open to a bit of change then you are just wasting your own time really right? You have your mind made up and that is that?

Everyone is open for change. But you don't change anyone if you keep telling them what horrible humans they are. In fact you will only get more and more resistance, and its so obvious by the way this thread is going.

Everyone is open for change. But you don't change anyone if you keep telling them what horrible humans they are. In fact you will only get more and more resistance, and its so obvious by the way this thread is going.

Agreed, but if you go back and read the majority of your posts in this thread then its pretty evident that you have no desire to make any change right? So whats the point of being here other than some trolling really?

Time is precious....don't waste it on something you have no interest in....

Edited by Mojoman

Agreed, but if you go back and read the majority of your posts in this thread then its pretty evident that you have no desire to make any change right? So whats the point of being here other than some trolling really?

Time is precious....don't waste it on something you have no interest in....

Do you know me? Do you know what diet changes I made? We made a major cut in our meat consumption as a family, thus my interest in this thread. Will I ever become full vegan..no. And thats the problem with vegans, its either do or die, they are not interested in small gradual changes. And that fails the animals they are so concerned about even more.

In the same breath you could say perhaps those that do not want their views challenged or debated should then rather find their happy place on a forum devoted to veganism where they can condemn all meat eaters without being challenge or having to debate their views?[emoji2368]

A challenge is one thing....an unyielding brick wall is something else...

I do agree on the not sure where this thread is going comment though...

I guess those that can make a change will and those that can't wont....!

Same with most things in life really....!

...........Time is precious....don't waste it ...........

:thumbup: The longer I have been on this earth, the more I have come to believe in this, and to practice it as well. At least I try hard.  :)

To be fair there is only 1 person on here with a zero tolerance.

To present Odinsons views as the norm for this thread is pretty self fulfilling.

If you want to eat less meat then eat less meat. Share tour recipes, tips and hints.

Be the change you want to see.

To be fair there is only 1 person on here with a zero tolerance.

To present Odinsons views as the norm for this thread is pretty self fulfilling.

If you want to eat less meat then eat less meat. Share tour recipes, tips and hints.

Be the change you want to see.

When this thread started I had questions and was interested..hell I even tried a vegan meal or 2.

But as the questions became more uncomfortable, they were just ignored.. I am still waiting for a few answer..it has completely put me off..the same as (like I said earlier) the bible bashers put me off..

So yes it may be only one.. but like with religion (cast your mind back to the guy that ended up wanting to pray for everyone to find salvation and refused to hear some uncomfortable truths) it is enough to put a lot of people off.

Put me off completely and I seldom comment here ..but that comment directed at Dale was in such poor form..really obviously he has no idea who he was talking to..but of all the comments on this forum that was the one that actually made me angry.

But yes ..let's move along..each to his own.

I dont eat a lot of meat..okay I am not huge on food full stop.. but cutting out dairy is just not going to happen..the substitutes are bloody terrible.[emoji23]

Edited by Gen