The Veganism Thread

Odinson

My wife has a bakery/cake shop, behind it is a hairdresser.

The Hairdresser added a really big sign last week above my wife's sign about watching certain documentaries on Netflix like Cowspiracy etc. It has caused a fair amount of public annoyance and rambling on facebook pages for the business.

So after being verbally abused by the person who put the sign up for asking them to take it down something became very apparent: some people are just argumentative asses who require some kind of platform to express that.

Your comment brings no value to me at all. This is the platform and we have the right to express ourself on this forum.

So by saying this you're saying that all vegans are bad people. I agree what the hairdresser did was not right.

Edited by Josh_the. Man

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is bringing an animal into this world just so it can have its neck slit in a few weeks’ or months’ time not animal abuse? A cow can live up to 15-20 years, but dairy cows rarely make it past 6, because their bodies give in from forced pregnancy after forced pregnancy. Chickens have been selectively bread to reach slaughter weight in a few weeks time, growing so quickly that their legs can barely support their body weight and they suffer from ammonia burns from living their entire lives in their own excrement. The examples are endless. This is abuse. It is exploitation.

We have no right to do this to these animals. We do it simply because we can. And I don’t think it’s necessary for me to explain as to why ‘Might is Right’ is a morally bankrupt position.

But if you guys know this why do you still eat meat. If you know that animals are being tortured and abused, why do you still do it. You can't say it's not all farm because it is.

Let’s be glad that the anti-Apartheid activists, Civil Rights Movement, the Suffragettes, etc. didn’t share this opinion. ✌????

Know your audience. Dale has done more for that cause than you will ever know.

Wow!

My wife has a bakery/cake shop, behind it is a hairdresser.

The Hairdresser added a really big sign last week above my wife's sign about watching certain documentaries on Netflix like Cowspiracy etc. It has caused a fair amount of public annoyance and rambling on facebook pages for the business.

So after being verbally abused by the person who put the sign up for asking them to take it down something became very apparent: some people are just argumentative asses who require some kind of platform to express that.

Have you watched that Cowspiracy movie?

Your comment brings no value to me at all. This is the platform and we have the right to express ourself on this forum.

So by saying this you're saying that all vegans are bad people. I agree what the hairdresser did was not right.

And your comments bring no value to me. As a vegetarian its people exactly like that who make me want to start eating meat again just so I dont have to feel associated with them. 

I have never met a single person who has been converted by bible bashing Christians arriving at their house telling them to convert. Its the same for vegans who militantly push their agenda.

On the contrary though I do know a lot of people who have changed their views through healthy debate and the planting of seeds for thought.

So really what Im trying to say is that a point can be made without it being shoved down someone's throat.

Have you watched that Cowspiracy movie?

No I havent, I dont eat meat for love of animals and conservation of the environment.

I dont need to subject myself to watching the suffering of animals in a documentary to support my beliefs.

No I havent, I dont eat meat for love of animals and conservation of the environment.

I dont need to subject myself to watching the suffering of animals in a documentary to support my beliefs.

Fair enough, nor have I ....

I'm going to open up a can of worms here.

I specifically want to refer to all prior studies that has been conducted and claiming that eating meat causes disease and illnesses etc. and the Bshit results which shows that meat eaters blood are murky or whatever it was.

Did those studies involve participants who only ate Halal meat as opposed to unhalal meat and pork?

If you don't know what Halal is, here are some brief pointers:

Animal welfare should be respected throughout the course of an animal's lifetime

In order to emphasise the sanctity of life, the name of God should be invoked prior to slaughter

The method of slaughter must involve a cut to the throat using a single, continuous motion

The slaughter of the animal should sever the carotid artery, windpipe and jugular veins

The spinal cord must remain intact

Knives must not be sharpened in the presence of an animal, nor should animals witness the slaughter of other animals

The knife should be razor sharp and free of blemishes

Animals should not be slaughtered in a position that is uncomfortable

Blood must be entirely drained out prior to the animal being processed further

If you are Vegan, please go and research the benefits of Halal meat versus meat that is not halal.

All studies concerning meat diets which have not taken the above into account is basically junk.

Let’s be glad that the anti-Apartheid activists, Civil Rights Movement, the Suffragettes, etc. didn’t share this opinion. [emoji1365]

NO poor form..very poor Edited by Gen

Zub I'm guessing that you're a follower of Islam?

Why do I have to be a follower of Islam? I mention halal because it is more commonly labeled on meat products but there are lots of similarities with kosher as well.

Do you know the amount people of other faiths and beliefs who prefer only to consume Halal meat because of it's benefits over unhalal meat?

Go do some proper research and stop relying on bogus studies.

I hardly eat meat anymore my friend. But I will never let somebody talk down to Dale like that.

Sorry, I meant it purely from your 'I'll put meat on the plate every time Josh' posts