Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not replying to the messages and request for an update.

Have been hit hard by the UIF news and going to fight these bastards. More than 20 years of UIF payments and when you need the funds, you can’t get it because one power tripping douche.

The chemo treatment hit real hard. I am in bed most of the time. Had to go to Clicks yesterday and had a very hard time walking in the store. Decided to buy a cold drink, but found that I am unable to swallow cold liquids. Even having trouble drinking water and it is a bit important as I have a very nasty Chemo Tummy. In the last 3 days I had 13 hours of sleep as sleep just eludes me. But that might be the stress of the whole situation.

I decided to wash my bike today. Not a clever choice. I could not get it out of the bath and my pulse and breathing raced as I tried to get the bike out of the bath and onto the repair stand after the wash. My hands took a bit of a beating as well. But at least the bike is clean now.

I must thank everyone for the messages and prayers this week. I thought I was done this week. The stoma is still bleeding a lot, but that can be bleeding caused by the chemo as well as it is quite damaging to the organs. The tumor is also still bleeding, but a little less than before.

I am experiencing a lot of dizzy spells so cycling (even though I want to go cycling) is still a no go at this stage. Will have to try the spinning bike, as the sun is enemy number one at this stage of my treatment.

One thing to look forward to is my brother that might visit me next week. They are in Pretoria next week from Cape Town. So hope to see my brother as I miss him a lot.

Cois, please think about a gofundme type campaign - I'm sure some of us would like to help in any small way

don't be proud, let those who want to help

Hi Waynemol

Sorry, Back a Buddy sent the link this afternoon...

The link is https://www.backabuddy.co.za/francois-marais

And thanks for anyone that can contribute. It means a lot to me, and will help my wife a bunch.

She hid it from me, but we were slapped with a bill of R3000 for the Anesthesiologist because he was not contracted to Momentum. And that was for 30 minutes of sleep to insert the port into my chest.

The rest of the treatment we do do not know yet, but she is busy running up an overdraft on her account. And that makes e feel like a dog.

Think of you every time I swing my leg over my bike.

Your attitude will beat this.

Get better, NOW!

I swapped my gears today on my Scott. Found a set of XT 10 speed shifters so I replaced the SLX shifters with XT. Just have to get the gears set tomorrow as I started having vision problems (was wearing my glasses and since starting chemo I am struggling to see with my glasses)

I still hope to get on the bike. Just need to get my platelets up to a better size as they are very small and can’t carry the needed O2. Thus the reason for passing out and feeling light headed most of the day. On an iron substitute, so hoping for the best.

And I can’t do this on my own, but I have the backing of BikeHub and I can’t let you guys and gils down! I am going to beat this demon!

Hi Waynemol

Sorry, Back a Buddy sent the link this afternoon...

The link is https://www.backabuddy.co.za/francois-marais

And thanks for anyone that can contribute. It means a lot to me, and will help my wife a bunch.

She hid it from me, but we were slapped with a bill of R3000 for the Anesthesiologist because he was not contracted to Momentum. And that was for 30 minutes of sleep to insert the port into my chest.

The rest of the treatment we do do not know yet, but she is busy running up an overdraft on her account. And that makes e feel like a dog.

Thanks for the link, will visit and make a contribution.

This is not a big target Hubbers. Times are tough I know but hopefully you have the means to make a small contribution. Everything counts, all you need is your debit card in your hand and it's super easy.

This is not a big target Hubbers. Times are tough I know but hopefully you have the means to make a small contribution. Everything counts, all you need is your debit card in your hand and it's super easy.

Awesome Hubbers!! The funds are coming in; you never seize to amaze and impress.

Thanks to everyone helping me and my wife.

It is real tough at the moment. My skin is on fire today due to the Erbitux.

I am getting the worst acne ever, but it is the only way to know that the chemo is working.

Heading to CANSA today to get colostomy stock.

If you can go to the loo in a normal way, be thankful because having to go in a little bag is the worst! But at least I can sit in traffic and go while you must rush home or to the office to go.

Guys and girls I will never be able to thank you enough. You now have me and my wife in tears.

H huge thank you for the backing!

The funds will go towards a huge co payment waiting for us, due to the medical aid being tapped out! As well as the fact that the medical aid does not cover things like cotton swabs and needles for injections and for the chemo meds mixes.

If anyone needs statements for any reason (I have been called a scammer on Facebook many times this past few months) I will be glad to share it.

Thank you all again! It means more than you will ever know

It's the strangest thing that people are quick to cry wolf / scammer and move on with their mundane existence, and then struggle to decide what they want to get for lunch.

If SA can raise R300k for a petrol attendant helping a lady who forgot her wallet, (on the same platform you're currently on) then I can do nothing more than believe that the flood gates will truly open for you. 

Do not bother yourself with those calling scammer, focus on getting through this! 

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Guys and girls I will never be able to thank you enough. You now have me and my wife in tears.

H huge thank you for the backing!

The funds will go towards a huge co payment waiting for us, due to the medical aid being tapped out! As well as the fact that the medical aid does not cover things like cotton swabs and needles for injections and for the chemo meds mixes.

If anyone needs statements for any reason (I have been called a scammer on Facebook many times this past few months) I will be glad to share it.

Thank you all again! It means more than you will ever know

It's the strangest thing that people are quick to cry wolf / scammer and move on with their mundane existence, and then struggle to decide what they want to get for lunch.

If SA can raise R300k for a petrol attendant helping a lady who forgot her wallet, (on the same platform you're currently on) then I can do nothing more than believe that the flood gates will truly open for you. 

Do not bother yourself with those calling scammer, focus on getting through this! 

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

AMEN

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

That is so true. And the thing that got to me, is that I did not ask for donations, the group wanted to assist with donations as we do not have access to all the resources that the US and the UK has access to. The Erbitux in the US is subsidized by the company making it, in South Africa we do not get subsidies at all. The one person asked me who takes me to chemo as most of the US has people driving you to and from treatment centers. All I asked for was prayers. I then sent the lady who banned me from the group a copy of the diagnosis, the biopsy results as well as a report from the doctor.

I saw the guy has some R400 000 on his platform already. I just hope that the person uses his funds to educate himself and creates a future for himself and that he wont go on a bender with all the funds.

And Amen on the verse! Needed that today.