Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

13 hours ago, W@nted said:

Hi Reinet. I used Zoom for my mothers memorial service in September. I had to purchase the pro version for the day (1 month subscription) to allow for a meeting longer than 30 min. That also allowed the service to be recorded, downloadable using a link afterwards. It is a bit of admin though, but worked quite well.

I used my own cellphone plugged into a charger to host and record the “zoom meeting” and mounted on a tripod. The complete meeting used about 300mb of mobile data. I distributed the meeting link a few hours before the service to the relevant whatsapp groups/platforms.

You are welcome to pm me for more details on the meeting settings etc. I would have liked to assist in person, but we are on route to George on Wednesday.

Thank you so much for your help. I managed to book with a videographer to do streaming for me. I know zoom would probably work, but prefer leaving the technical stuff to others who would know how to operate it. 

Will post a link for the streaming once I received it. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@*Reinet* Marais Jy neem vandag afskeid van jou geliefde man. Mag jy vandag berusting ontvang in die arms van Christus. 

Psalm 56:9 verklaar dat Hy jou omswerwinge getel het, en dat Hy al jou trane in Sy kruik opvang en in Sy boek opskryf. In Openbaring 21:4 verklaar Hy dat Hy elke traan van jou oë sal afvee, en dat daar geen dood meer sal wees nie; ook droefheid en geween en moeite sal daar nie meer wees nie, want die eerste dinge het verbygegaan.

Jy treur nou 'n tydelike verlies, maar dán sal jy nie meer treur nie, maar met vreugde voor ons God jou verheug omdat jy Francois weer sal sien, verlos van die pyn en lyding, volkome herstel en genees in heerlikheid.

Ek bid vir jou vandag, dat Hy elke traan wat gestort word sal opvang, en die wonde in jou hart sal bind, en jou sagkens weer laat opstaan wanneer die tyd vir jou reg is.

The streaming didn’t go exactly according to plan. But they are fixing it. For those who still would like to join the link, I’ll post it once all is in order. 

Dankie vir elke gebed en woord van bemoediging. Ek weet nie hoe ek deur die afgelope week gekom het tot hier nie. Party dae wou ek net bly lê het en nie eens opstaan nie. Ongelukkig (of gelukkig) moes ek Maandag en Dinsdag werk, anders was ek dalk nou op ‘n nog slegter plek. Ek glo dit sal beter raak. Dit moet. Ek tik nie meer met konstante trane in die oë nie. Maar seer bly seer. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Reinet as daai link nie gestop het op daai oomblik nie het ek met n nat gesig gesit in die kantoor ....

Sal graag later die res wil sien.

Ek weet nie eens wat wie kon sien of hoeveel daarvan nie. Tegnologie werk nie altyd saam nie. Maar daar was backup darem. Sal dit ook graag self nog wil kyk. 

Ek laat weet sodra dit reg is. Solank niemand my sien sit en tjank nie. Ekt redelik non stop gehuil. 

On 12/9/2021 at 4:21 AM, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

I am very sorry your loss. 

Francois left the world in a better place than he found it. He will be missed. 

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Last week a Hubber suggested we do a ride for Cois.

Here is my morning ride, dedicated to Francois.

Screenshot_20211216-113711_Strava.jpg.4933e1521fd8410f0a48b9d8db13dba1.jpg

Screenshot_20211216-113747_Connect.jpg.5e0b443c255d0902de9d6eda731b2eb2.jpg

The wind gave me time to reflect on Francois, and the positive example he set. 👍

Rus in vrede Cois.

Dankie Chris

So I hit the lowest of low days today. I thought I had my worst days, apparently not.

Anyway… I will have to start trying picking up the pieces again. And one thing I have to do, really want to do, is to also continue riding. I want to do it for Francois. To do something he adored doing.  It’s been so long since I’ve been on my bike. So I know between his Scott and my Titan there were big differences. When I’m ready, will anyone perhaps be able to give me some sort of guidance how to do the trainer thing with my bike? I haven’t been on the trainer as we kept Francois bike on it. So I have no clue where to start. 

Edited by *Reinet* Marais

1 minute ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

So I hit the lowest of low days today. I thought I had my worst days, apparently not.

Anyway… I will have to start trying picking up the pieces again. And one thing I have to do, really want to do, is to also continue riding. I want to do it for Francois. To do something he adored doing.  It’s been so long since I’ve been on my bike. So I know between his Scott and my Titan there were big differences. When I’m ready, will anyone perhaps be able to give me to give some sort of guidance how to do the trainer thing with my bike? I haven’t been on the trainer as we kept Francois bike on it. So I have no clue where to start. 

Hi Reinet, I am sure you will have to turn willing persons away from offering their help in getting your sort out on the trainer, and hopefully maybe even find a group of cyclists that you would be comfortable riding with at your pace and timing.

Worst case scenario is if you could post a pic of the trainer here and we (Those faarrrr away from you) can find a decent Youtube clip for the trainer you have, showing how to use and adjust the trainer.

15 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Anyway… I will have to start trying picking up the pieces again. And one thing I have to do, really want to do, is to also continue riding. I want to do it for Francois. To do something he adored doing.  It’s been so long since I’ve been on my bike. So I know between his Scott and my Titan there were big differences. When I’m ready, will anyone perhaps be able to give me some sort of guidance how to do the trainer thing with my bike? I haven’t been on the trainer as we kept Francois bike on it. So I have no clue where to start. 

As mentioned by others, you have a whole group of people here, willing to assist in any way we can, so feel free to reach out. Perhaps it could also help to speak to a professional - there's no reason you should suffer alone when there are people who can help.

Regarding the trainer - I'm more than happy to chat to you if you'd like to get you up and running... heck I think we're even friends on Zwift 😎

Edited by Muttley
typo