Lyne Products - The Holy Rail Thread

Dirt Tracker

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Why not just carry your tools and spares in a saddle bag, attached behind the seat?’ The simple reason for not doing that is balance. Centre of gravity is a crucial stability factor in cycling and the lower you can position any additional mass on the bike, the more stable it’s going to be.

Source: 

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/this-ingenious-south-african-invention-is-the-holy-grail-for-mountain-bikers-2019-2

If equipment weighing a hundred or so grams is so destabilising that you fall off I would suggest riding a tricycle. 

Although I "get" the want for adding a 2nd bottle, all the pics so far have actually managed to make some good looking bikes look less so i.m.h.o.

Form over function...

With all the sensitivy about sock length and what attire and kit should match, to then go screw with what your bike presents after making it resemble a delivery bike..?

(Edit - above to be read in Comic Sans script)

Edited by Robbie Stewart

Hope that this local creativity grabs global attention. Thumbs up for the thought that's gone into this. But on my mountain bike I crash way too often to forgo the padded protection of my beloved backpack. And where else would my mobile phone be safely stored. Certainly not on the bike or in the pocket of a crash prone rider. In saying this I have just reminded myself of the need to improve riding skills. Eish.  :ph34r:  ^_^

Hope that this local creativity grabs global attention. Thumbs up for the thought that's gone into this. But on my mountain bike I crash way too often to forgo the padded protection of my beloved backpack. And where else would my mobile phone be safely stored. Certainly not on the bike or in the pocket of a crash prone rider. In saying this I have just reminded myself of the need to improve riding skills. Eish.  :ph34r:  ^_^

or golf

thats all i read

Is there a 1:1 template for this: HOLY RAIL TRIANGLE STORAGE BOX KIT + QUICK-DRAW MULTITOOL ?

Edited by Grey Hubs

Hi

Due to the tight clearance inside the frame (large size) I tried a slightly different approach when installing the Holy Rail system. Works with either two 750ml bottles or 750ml and a 500ml. Used the rail attachment of the triangle storage box to mount the bottle cage. Can also flip it to have bottle on top of the top tube and it is very secure. If I go on a short ride and both bottles are not needed I just remove the other bottle holder.   post-71025-0-38630800-1550141422_thumb.jpgpost-71025-0-61742000-1550141436_thumb.jpg

Louwtjie86, do you get that bottle cage and tube strap together? Have that bottle on the top of my tube, will sort out my issue as well.

Louwtjie86, do you get that bottle cage and tube strap together? Have that bottle on the top of my tube, will sort out my issue as well.

Hi Jako,

I bought the dual cage kit and the traingle storage kit from Lyne. The traingle box comes with a short rail and straps. So just used the one bottle cage from the dual cage kit and mounted it on the short rail and mounted the storage box with the other bottle cage. Maybe Lyne can supply you with short rail and straps, not sure if they will sell it as a separate item.

Manage to get my Merida 96 team to work with Lyne Holy rails.

My frame is a large and fits with two small bottles just bought the 500mm rail and cut it to fit.

Just for more security i fitted two tiestraps as well just used electrical tape to cover the frame

Hi Dwayne

Thanks for posting the pic.

What size frame is that?

Thanks

Dayle

I used the 1:1 template on a TREK Superfly 100 carbon FS - It fits but only with 500 ml bottle at the bottom - a 750 ml will jam against the shock

Just putting it out there