Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Also not a good month for me i am up to 102,5kg. I am training much harder, looks leaner but the scale tells me otherwise....back to the drawing board for me. I think i have one or two too many cheat meals....

I think you should measure body composition (fat / muscle %). You might have gained muscle and that weights more than fat.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should measure body composition (fat / muscle %). You might have gained muscle and that weights more than fat.

This. Well, it's denser than fat. CM and body fat is what counts so look at that.

Me: 98. Ribs are really screwing with me and are preventing any increased breathing. Sucks.

Up 2,2kg for the month. No excuses, just bad decisions and choices. Was on the road for work 2,5 weeks with no training, living out of restaurants and shops. No meal planning beforehand and I KNEW I was going to be on the road (At my previous job this is how I lived semi-permanently on the road and picked up 30kg over 4 years).  Then a bachelors weekend(Last one of the year!), a wedding weekend, and 7 days at the in-laws over easter without my bike and eating way too much.

My total training time was just 14 hours for the month, down from 40 hours I usually do in a month.  

Last year around this time was when all went south for me and I picked up 8 kg from May to Sept. Cold and wet weather and the dark kept me off the bike during winter. Was averaging 2-3 rides per week instead of 6-7 rides. I feel more prepared for winter this time around. I got a Kickr 4 on Tuesday and subscribed to Zwift, so there is no excuses for not training this winter! Already did two rides on the trainer and I must say it's tougher than I thought it would be!

My weight also went up this month, not even going to make an excuse, just too many days eating crap  :blush:

Also not a good month for me i am up to 102,5kg. I am training much harder, looks leaner but the scale tells me otherwise....back to the drawing board for me. I think i have one or two too many cheat meals....

Ok just a correction  :blush:  :blush:  .........i see i did not put on any weight , BUT i was lighter during the month (101.5) which i thought i entered on the sheet  :mellow:  :mellow: ...so mixed emotions now, but i am working harder to get there!!! :clap:  :w00t:  Thanks for the replies 

Will update my weight tomorrow. Will definitely be up . Bad eating habits and injury keeping me off the bike for last two weeks.

I'm up about 0.5kg basically due to eating too much  :blush:

The cycling and running definitely helps to keep the weight in check.

This. Well, it's denser than fat. CM and body fat is what counts so look at that.

Me: 98. Ribs are really screwing with me and are preventing any increased breathing. Sucks.

Just had a sneezing fit, and I think my ribs were dislocated after the original fall. Felt and heard a distinct pop when I had one particularly violent sneeze. 

Been a terrible month for my weight, had a huge event, lots of family, loads of stress, lots of cake and cupcakes, and generally naughty food. put on little over 4kg over the Easter weekend... lost around a 1,5 of that, before weigh in..

but now we are back into serious weight loss mode again

Same trend as everyone else, really bad month - picked up 2.5kg's.  Mostly due to bad food choices, doesn't help that I have been out of the country and eating hotel food or take-aways, except for 7 days over Easter where I ate like I haven't seen SA food for a year  :whistling: but all my choices.
Unfortunately I also last cycled on the 30th of March.

Hopefully I can get back into gear in May, that is at least the plan and after watching that obese autopsy video Vetseun shared I have some additional motivation.

April stinks. Back to 98 kg from 96. Trained about 60% from what I wanted to do. On top of that ate too much and also had a beer or 2 over weekends.

Anyway back into discipline again having to redo all I have done the past 2 months. This was a total waste of valuable time and effort.

It is amazing how quickly you pick up the weight again. It is like throwing a bottle into a pool. It pops right back to the surface. Eek

https://trainright.com/cyclists-eat-too-much/

This very much applies to me.  Though I don't eat much on shorter rides, I usually have something.  If I'm starting off with 1600 calories of stored carbohydrate I shouldn't be eating AT ALL on anything shorter than 2.5 hours....  Probably not even sports drink.

Then after long rides I gorge myself, which doesn't help either.  You've been burning fat on your 5 hour ride and you certainly don't want to replenish ALL those calories.