Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Most peanut butters have quite a lot of sugar in them... and then there is the very high calorie count on top of that. And then for many of us the added problem of it likely being eaten on bread or something similar...

You can get Almond peanut butter which is very lekker and better in most regards if you really need it, but it's also twice the price of the normal stuff

Ok sure those with sugar are bad. But they are relatively low in carbs as far as I picked up.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late to the party. 

In from about two weeks ago. 

Topped out at 106kg (worst yet)
Goal for end of June is 85kg (my 24 hour weight from 2013)

Weigh-in this morning 103kg. 

Completely changed to pescatarian diet with no processed carbs and sugar. 

First time motivated to really get some T.I.T.S and started running (read as "walking").  

Late to the party. 

First time motivated to really get some T.I.T.S and started running (read as "walking").  

Not messing around are you!? It's doable though for sure... 3.5kgs/month - good luck  :thumbup:

Late to the party.

Pretty much on par with my goal... starting at 104kg and want to come down to 86kg. It's ambitious, but doable! Good luck!

Ok sure those with sugar are bad. But they are relatively low in carbs as far as I picked up.

Even those with no sugar is very high in calories.

5 table spoons = 800 calories.

I agree, peanut butter is good for you and is a great source of protein, but not great if your goal is losing weight and you want to take a few spoonfuls after dinner..like stated earlier, just a knife point.. I can't control myself, so I have none.

Pretty much on par with my goal... starting at 104kg and want to come down to 86kg. It's ambitious, but doable! Good luck!

I turned 38 last year. Worst shape of my life. 

I did however quit smoking 4 years ago which made a massive difference. 

I think ambitious is a great word actually. It becomes a good challenge. 

I'm also late to the party but I'm in.
Was 112kg at the end of October, then started banting Nov, today I'm at 100.5kg (no real change to exercise routine)

Target - I think around 90kgs, but say 95 by end of March 

Haven't had alcohol since New Years, been easy enough... the plan was just Jan, but might push that out until Vaal Marathon in March.

Becks Blue is a winner, also really don't mind Castle Free and the Bavaria 0% :thumbup:

Castle Free for me. Been off the alcohol since 2 January. Will enjoy an Amstel after CTCT.

I'm struggling to get going this year! My in-laws came to visit us straight after the holidays..and they're staying until this weekend. They are eating snacks and biscuits and sweets all the time..wanting to braai or eat out most of the time. I've been training hard, but it's really difficult to keep on my eating plan with them still here, but I'm trying my best! Down to 95kg from 97.5kg (From 125.1kg in June 2017), but I really feel I could've been down a bit more already. First mini target of 90kg is only 7 weeks away..

So, the in-laws are now gone. Still on 95kg this morning..Glad that I at least managed to keep it constant last week with them still here. From today back on my usual eating plan and daily training. Hoping to drop around 1kg per week..

Weekend was tough. Stayed strong with no effort, until late on Saturday night. Braaied for dinner. Was drinking Coke Zero. Then I thought I would add a wee drop of captains to my coke. Long story short, neighbours dropped in, a few more captains ended up tasting whiskies till the early hours next door. Still ok, no major issues, until someone produced a tub of quality street at about 1am, which were inhaled, to say the least.

Weight this morning still at 109.5. Same as Friday, so at least I didn’t go backwards, but need to make sure not to open the door again and just stay away from the liquor full stop.

Most peanut butters have quite a lot of sugar in them... and then there is the very high calorie count on top of that. And then for many of us the added problem of it likely being eaten on bread or something similar...

You can get Almond peanut butter which is very lekker and better in most regards if you really need it, but it's also twice the price of the normal stuff

I use Black Cat Crunchy with the yellow lid (no added salt and sugar) as my snack on some days.

15g's contain 415kj - that just fits on a Provita

So it is something to be used with great caution as you say and the problem with it is that it is "moorish", so 15g's just makes you want more.