[Event] Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Events Bot

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think so, website is taken down.

Think it will happen again, but imo the new timeslot & venue killed off the Stellenbosch CT as a premium event. 

The early December date gave you something to work towards through spring as the last race before the end-of-year holidays, now it's just another PPA funride in the lead-up to the CTCT.

Sad to think that at one stage this was the largest cycle event in the country after the Argus&94.7. 

Think it will happen again, but imo the new timeslot & venue killed off the Stellenbosch CT as a premium event. 

The early December date gave you something to work towards through spring as the last race before the end-of-year holidays, now it's just another PPA funride in the lead-up to the CTCT.

Sad to think that at one stage this was the largest cycle event in the country after the Argus&94.7. 

i'm going on shaky memory here, but i think they have in the past really kept details announced late, including actual date.

maybe they're still trying to work out how to get 3000 cars into val de vie in 90 minutes.

Looks like the Dec events are now Sportifs leaving no dates for Stell cycle Tour. 

After Val de Vie, said would never do this again.

Looks like the Dec events are now Sportifs leaving no dates for Stell cycle Tour. 

After Val de Vie, said would never do this again.

PPA are fairly flexible with their Sportif dates though?

But you gave me an idea, this time round I will do the Sportif in December and skip the SCT in Jan (the date clash with Attakwas anyway)

Its the old Bouckaert Soenen race now rebranded

Thanks, just figured that out ... see its on feb 02 2020 .. so not sure where SCT can fit in without both events sacrificing entrants..

noone going to race 2nd week of Jan , and then its normally event every week or 2 till argus

Edited by Karman de Lange

Skipping the SCT if it's going to be the same venue as this year. Definitely NOT sitting in another one hour traffic jam while staring at other people's money. I would much rather do one or two of the Sportifs.

Edited by Moridin

Looks like PPA are hosting it this year. 4e5bbaf0986dbd07f0f35b9854360543.jpg

I bring an old thread out of the depths asking the question, and the next day they answer it with twitter confirmations.

only oke with more pull than me is the Rock.

Cool, I'm game - happy to do any race over Hels and into Franshoek, love that route.

I wouldn't be South African if I don't throw in a complaint though ... so here goes. We need a hill at the start, it was quite a dogshow with the large batches all the way until we go to Hels. All the mamils charging in super tuck down the hills to close off the road and get dropped on the climbs x 10.

C'est La Vie ...  :blink:

Cool, I'm game - happy to do any race over Hels and into Franshoek, love that route.

I wouldn't be South African if I don't throw in a complaint though ... so here goes. We need a hill at the start, it was quite a dogshow with the large batches all the way until we go to Hels. All the mamils charging in super tuck down the hills to close off the road and get dropped on the climbs x 10.

C'est La Vie ...  :blink:

but but ... the seeding is perfect and there no slow people in fast bunches that will get dropped

o wait .. I sung that song already today

edit:

crap .. missed my 1000th post somehow (facepalm)

Edited by Karman de Lange