Events Bot

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding is out

Can't complain about the fitness, put in a lot of miles over Dec,

but will be carrying a few extra kg's up Helz this weekend after too many beers & braaivleis this holiday. Lets see how long I can keep up  :devil:  

is this a round about way of directly saying you/re seeded 1A...?

It's a direct way of saying I need HELP, it's not a "brag" if that's how it came across". Cant be "bragging" when there are 3 groups ahead of me!! Highest I've ever been seeded though(PPA are smoking something).. Anyway, Would be cool to ride with a few other bikehubbers aswell and meet on the tarmac.

Doing with my father-who turns 71 this year (beast). Am not able to make it through to Rondebosch or Chris Willemse Cycles though. Anyone going who is willing to collect race numbers for my dad and I?

Nice that you guys can share experiences such as this. I can pick up for you. PM me your deets.

Feels a bit like this year around the conversation on the Stell & CTCT is a bit less than previous years, or is that just a false perception.

For me, I will be one of the guys on the tandem ;-)  So Helshoogte is going to be very interesting

It's a direct way of saying I need HELP, it's not a "brag" if that's how it came across". Cant be "bragging" when there are 3 groups ahead of me!! Highest I've ever been seeded though(PPA are smoking something).. Anyway, Would be cool to ride with a few other bikehubbers aswell and meet on the tarmac.

% will start only 2 minutes ahead of you and 1B 2 minutes behind you. With open flat roads most likely you will see massive converging of groups so you will be swamped by hubbers and non-hubbers alike that you can take the time to introduce yourself too while you chill in the massive bunch until Helz.

think someone said it on the One tonner chat...

that beta is going to make havoc with seeding for future races till CTCT.

Now you are feeling the repercussions. A riding buddy calls it "competency punishment"

Riding it with my wife who is doing het first ctct hopefully later this year. She rides once maybe twice a week so we will see how it goes

I'm also 1a,  but will be falling back to ~1D  as  still recovering from stupid injury, so no racing..   

% will start only 2 minutes ahead of you and 1B 2 minutes behind you. With open flat roads most likely you will see massive converging of groups so you will be swamped by hubbers and non-hubbers alike that you can take the time to introduce yourself too while you chill in the massive bunch until Helz.

So I just shout in the middle of the bunch "who around here is a hubber"?? Lol...