Dear mountain bikers.. from trail runners

Chris_

I can't reconcile someone who thinks it's okay to hurt a dog, and goes out with the attitude of being willing to hurt said dog, with being a dog person.

You may have loved one dog, but you are not a dog person. Your fear of dogs prevents that.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not about going out to attack dogs.

It is about protecting one self. Everyone is not the same. For instance, some people will allow themselves to be robbed and others wont. Same like how many people are voicing concerns against government and others are not.

Its not about going out to attack dogs.

It is about protecting one self. Everyone is not the same. For instance, some people will allow themselves to be robbed and others wont. Same like how many people are voicing concerns against government and others are not.

That is not what the NON-Dog people expressed on this thread so far. 

They make it clear that they will "take the dog out" and that means "killing" it in my world. One hubber said that if a dog bites his kid, he will find where it lives and go kill it even if it is weeks later.

This is where I have a problem, sure protect yourself, but then take that anger and direct it on the owner. 

If kick the dog, then ALSO kick the owner, but I bet you people will only kick the dog and shout at the owner and move on. 

WHO in the right mind would want to send a dog to the vet for "repair" ???

Send the owner to the hospital, and then he will LEARN to control his dog. 

Now this is what I call "out of the box thinking", truly commendable. This rolled up news paper will be perfect for hitting a dog in the nuts with.

do people still buy "paper" .....

Poor dog wont like it when it gets wacked with a tablet ... nor the wallet ....

This is where I have a problem, sure protect yourself, but then take that anger and direct it on the owner. 

If kick the dog, then ALSO kick the owner, but I bet you people will only kick the dog and shout at the owner and move on. 

But then you are the bad guy and get charged with assault

Why? Because I don't like being bitten by dogs? Your assumption is wrong. My ex girlfriend had a 90kg St Bernard. That dog was my life. I like dogs that act like dogs. I like humans that act like humans not vile pigs. If a person is going to let their dog run off lead and attack me I will attack back. I don't care the size or make of animal. I am not going to spend my day walking and trying to make friends with every dog on the trail. I am out to ride my bike. I will give every dog and human the same respect I would like to receive until that is turned against me and received as a threat. 

A dog took me out and it was bad. The owner shrugged his shoulders and said his dog always does that. I find that unacceptable to me. Owners know their animals. This I am a firm believer in. Every action is going to have a reaction. Whether you like my reaction or not I do not care.

I can't reconcile someone who thinks it's okay to hurt a dog, and goes out with the attitude of being willing to hurt said dog, with being a dog person.

You may have loved one dog, but you are not a dog person. Your fear of dogs prevents that.

I don't think Copperheads aim is to go smash dogs or owners.

He wants to ride his bike, as he said he respects fellow trial users but should **** get real.... He'll bring out his inner Chuck Norris. 

That is not what the NON-Dog people expressed on this thread so far. 

They make it clear that they will "take the dog out" and that means "killing" it in my world. One hubber said that if a dog bites his kid, he will find where it lives and go kill it even if it is weeks later.

Taking the dog out definitely  = killing it, that's literally what it means, yes. 

I guess you have never had to put one of your dogs down yourself on a farm because it wouldn't stop killing sheep? If you go through that you will realise that sometimes the problem does indeed lie with the dog, not the owner. Some dogs attack people and won't stop, it's just a k*k dog, won't hesitate to kill it if it attacks me. Not even in the slightest.

Just as an interesting side note, twice I have been in altercations with owners of dogs, and both times I wanted to approach them and give them a slap (as you suggest one do), but as I mentioned earlier the one was 70+ so nature will sort him out, and the other one was probably around 50 - 55, and after calling me a c**t he ran away. My legs was sore from a fresh BRIC session earlier in the day, so I just could not gather the energy to chase him and give him a quick ankle tap, while in retrospect I think I should have.

Another good self defence technique is one my dad taught me via practical example: should a dog charge you and it is clear that you are being attacked, kick it as hard as you can, right under his mouth. Its kind off a soft spot I guess. I remember seeing a staffy doing a back flip once when we went for a walk. My mom was quite impressed, and my dad was still the alpha male.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying go and kick dogs on the chin, I'm giving everyone a heads up on how to deal with being attacked by a dog.

Yissie lot's of bok forum bad-assery on here about kicking dog's and blikseming owners Taking out etc etc.

I hope most of you keep that to the keyboard.

Yissie lot's of bok forum bad-assery on here about kicking dog's and blikseming owners Taking out etc etc.

hahahahaha

I thought the same thing!

Okes judo chopping harder than Austin Powers!

I literally just laughed out loud at this!

Was riding Table mountain this morning looking for dogs to kick in the nuts... Pity all of them were either on a leash or listened to the owner as I approached. Damn you civilized humans with controlled dogs.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Was riding Table mountain this morning looking for dogs to kick in the nuts... Pity all of them were either on a leash or listened to the owner as I approached. Damn you civilized humans with controlled dogs.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Maybe we should have a gang fight?

Mountain bikers vs Dog walkers and their dogs. The most vociferous forum posts win. Winners get the mountain.

hahahahaha

I thought the same thing!

Okes judo chopping harder than Austin Powers!

Actual footage of hub hardemanne on the mountain. 

giphy.gif

Archived