Taxi takes out a driver, what happens next???

Dadbod Racing

sorry to be "die droll in die drinkwater", not all taxis are like this chop in the vid clip

hopefully law enforcement will be able to prosecute based on the clip?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic question, but the what now happened??

A taxi went through a red traffic light in KZN if I recall, killing 3 school children and injuring a fourth.

Very angry community members.

Just caught the back-end of the story on the news.

sorry to be "die droll in die drinkwater", not all taxis are like this chop in the vid clip

Very true there are a few that think of others on the road and their passengers. The rest are scum. 

Is it not possible for you to hand over the video to law enforcement and to newspapers to get the story out there? Maybe if the story gets out there the victim will step forward and make a case.

Is it not possible for you to hand over the video to law enforcement and to newspapers to get the story out there? Maybe if the story gets out there the victim will step forward and make a case.

You dont have to be a victim to make a case of wreckless driving. OP should open the case.

Disgusting behavior by that Taxi Driver. Start hitting the owners of the Taxis with lawsuits and removing their operating licenses and you will see some change. But alas the Taxi Bosses operate like Mafia bosses, so nothing will change.

Just a note: The most courteous drivers towards me on my bicycle while out on the road has been taxi drivers. Normal car drivers are so self centered it borders on being aggressive towards cyclists, especially the mommy's.

I actually prefer more taxis out on the road when I am on my bike, they seem to be the only ones actually noticing cyclists.

Just my perception, and I can only vouch for Pretoria. I am pretty sure Joburg has a way different level of Taxi Driver.

To be fair, he did flash his hazards for like a second in apology...

Nope just to let everyone know he's gona stop in middle of the bloody road now

Talking of droll’s

How about the driver of the white bakkie immeidtly after the taxi knocked the cyclist off?

Tjop did not even stop or slow down, carry on nothing wrong here....

Hell people are selfish

Just a note: The most courteous drivers towards me on my bicycle while out on the road has been taxi drivers. Normal car drivers are so self centered it borders on being aggressive towards cyclists, especially the mommy's.

I actually prefer more taxis out on the road when I am on my bike, they seem to be the only ones actually noticing cyclists.

I have to agree, cycling through Lower Main Roadin Woodstock every day the taxis are the best drivers!!!

I have to agree, cycling through Lower Main Roadin Woodstock every day the taxis are the best drivers!!!

Lets just say most of them seem to be. Last week, one pushed me off the road by the good hope center.

Gosh watching those taxis drive all over the place reminds me of one of the reasons I left. I was getting to the point where I was seriously considering doing 'vigilante stuff' on the taxis. Even though it is pointless, in the same way that smashing flies is pointless (you're never going to make a meaningful reduction in the numbers, but it does give you a lot of satisfaction to do something about it).

Anyway. Got to choose your battles and bear in mind that becoming a criminal yourself isn't really a solution.

Lets just say most of them seem to be. Last week, one pushed me off the road by the good hope center.

Yoh bro, you lead a dangerous life!

Attacked 2 weeks ago by a vicious Labrador, knocked off your bike last week by a taxi, altercation with a taxi a few days ago.

The most exciting thing to happen to me in the last 2 weeks is getting a bone in my deboned fish fillet!

I hope the cyclist is OK, that is the main thing.

I also hope that a case has been opened. Although we complain about the Police it should not stop us from us approaching them. There might be something that can be done about this particular incident and this does depend on how far the cyclist wishes to take it. 

The larger issue, however, is yes the taxi industry. There are so many issues with taxis but nothing is done because they are in the pound seats transporting the majority of the population. Government, with a poor public transport system, has no leverage. Its unfortunate and means that it can only be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the public until something is done at an upper level.