Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

We're making it quite complicated. Actually, it's as simple as the number 8 848m appearing on your strava ride. No Bill Nye or Khalid Galant verification required.

That's a big number. Record or not an Everest deserves huge respect.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're making it quite complicated. Actually, it's as simple as the number 8 848m appearing on your strava ride. No Bill Nye or Khalid Galant verification required.

You laugh, Delano had to do an extra rep than Kevin and I as his garmin was under recording... Or ours were over recording.

My biggest concern for this attempt is the hill that has been chosen.

At that gradient, the downhill is going to be a bigger problem than the up. When you are exhausted, it take a lot of effort to brake and stop, let alone down a 15% gradient. 

I wish him all the best of luck, Everest is a very difficult day out in the saddle.

You laugh, Delano had to do an extra rep than Kevin and I as his garmin was under recording... Or ours were over recording.

but GPS and a number on strava can be the "World" record with that ind of accuracy. Next up we gonna measure the olympic shotput with a Garmin Fenix :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

There is only one hill in Pta that is worse.  

Rose.

Rose is longer, but ave gradient is much less

On average from the bottom yes, but the kick between Albert and Lawley is brutal 

Some of us has to walk up there.

Not to mention the cement part at the top turn......

On average from the bottom yes, but the kick between Albert and Lawley is brutal 

The bit after Lawley is where the real fun starts  :nuke:

And then you get Wimpie van der Merwe who Everests a number of times every year just for the fun of it and because he can. Rides from Clarence Drive to the lookout point at Steenbras Dam. He takes a bit longer than the world record but then at 61 who cares. ( I think he holds the record for the most Everests in SA)