Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

hahahahahaha The right gearing!

I see not many of them in under 24 hours. 

your skills of reading data not that great.

only 32 everestings on foot

17 under 24 hours

28 under 30hours.

but ja, go klap pecks 23 26 times, i'll join you for a few

http://bit.ly/2LhRNYZ

Edited by MvdP

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 390m ascent mountain path behind my house. I went up there today and wondered if anyone had ever done a sub 24 hour Everest on foot.... 23 ascents and 23 descents.... 62 minutes per ascent/descent... 

It seems feasible but there is very little fat or margin for error. Might need a better man than me to pull it off. 

Maybe after MacMac.

In my mind you need something similar than you want for the attempt on a bicycle: Very Steep and long with a quick descent. 

Maybe something with a cablecar or zipline to ride you to the bottom with basically zero effort, as it is on a bike.

Maybe partner with TableMountain to sponsor you the rides down and give them publicity in the process....

#WhyNot?

From just around the corner of the clubs new start/finish to somewhere just before holy rosary. I am not sure of the exact start and finish points. You need to hope the robot by the Afrikaans school field is green with any hope of getting it.

see now, not an easy segment to get that. you missed it by 1 sec and some big names behind you also

your skills of reading data not that great.

only 32 everestings on foot

17 under 24 hours

28 under 30hours.

but ja, go klap pecks 23 times, i'll join you for a few

Sold... I will set up a weekend in June.

Now back to the world record bicycle attempt!

see now, not an easy segment to get that. you missed it by 1 sec and some big names behind you also

To be fair if BD had to go for it and get the robot timing right he would take it easily. Even in 2015 when I was riding well(15/16 I had a few podiums on the tandem) I still wouldn't have been able to take a KOM like that from BD.

Here some advice from what I have learned in the last 46 years on this planet.

And this is not MY view but what I see as general social views.

If you want people to take you seriously, maybe read this.

1. Drop the swearing on your youtube postings.

2. Less hype and more DO. (Like Frail go out and do it, then boast once you have DONE it)

3. Adhere to road rules in your youtube videos, that way you show respect to others and rules and laws.

4. No need to broadcast to the world that you are vegan, most other don't care what you eat.

# non vegans don't broadcast on the youtube and and that they eat meat or rice only or whatever.

5. Realize you don't know everything wrt cycling

Personally I don't care what anyone eats, but a good amount of people out there feel very strong about it. And also swearing does not really bother me, but I can tell you a FEW of my friends who saw the video said .... "I listened till the first F-word then closed the video"

I didn't know you are 46 earth years! Always pictured you as being 30's something, late 30's maybe. To get back on topic, I agree with and like your descriptions :)

Profanity has a time and a place, use it right and it'll be legendary, but use it like a crutch and it'll be just that.

i think you're being a bit unfair, especially since the other guy you mention had a bit of a big planning fail when it came tor hill selection/data interpretation.

the oke has done 2 half everests at PACE.

that's anything but poor preparation

I can only assume you're not following Frail's thread then - planning was on point, I read that he said he was encouraged (/mislead) into thinking he already passed the mark and can stop, contrary to the research he performed.

Well that's amazing, he's done 2 half everests at pace, that's honestly no small feat, but it's a far cry from an actual everest. Sounds more to me like the oke has prepared for 2 half everests and achieved just that. Clearly the preparation for a full everest was lacklustre, as has been pointed out, so I don't think I'm being unfair at all. Perhaps unnecessarily critical, but not unfair.

I almost once performed a full backflip, but I only had the commitment to do half and consequently fell on my head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here is a formula my old man taught me when I was young.

Actions divided by words equals respect.

The more you do and the less you say the more respect you will get.

...and admiration (same but different, but same i know)

edit: my bolded text wasn't bold =|

Edited by Dirkitech

actually I have a question.

If you dont eat meat and you dont eat veg, WTF do you eat ?

Then how can he have any of his pudding?

I remember that! Should have thought it exceeded 8900m. 

Thanks for the reminder. AJ is class. 

I did 5 ascents that day and was absolutely finished - it was quite depressing having him run past me quite so many times...

Why not just do the attempt on an eBike. If somebody moans just call them “vegan haters”.

Fixed that for you.