Update on Everesting World record attempt

Vanzweelism

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost puked when I read about the sugar molasses mix. Im sure proper nutrition is more important than the right gearing for an attempt like this. Why dont you try and get a nutrition sponsor on board for the day?

I can understand that you and many others think sugar is bad but it is simply an essential nutrient as it can be converted to glycogen the fastest. The thing with supplements is they just sell you sugar at 20x mark up. Certain sugars like molasses as I've recently found can make me nauseous over a few hours of consuming it. Another example of this is pure fructose. As for table sugar, coconut sugar and brown sugar, they work fine for me personally. Dates are also a great option as they are calorically dense.

did you see the post by Frail.K? He said he is attempting Everesting for charity, he went out and tried it, end of story, no false hype, poor preparation and other nonsense. I was happy for you at first, now just indifferent. Good luck anyways!

Frail and I follow each other on Strava. He's a good bloke.

Here some advice from what I have learned in the last 46 years on this planet.

And this is not MY view but what I see as general social views.

If you want people to take you seriously, maybe read this.

1. Drop the swearing on your youtube postings.

2. Less hype and more DO. (Like Frail go out and do it, then boast once you have DONE it)

3. Adhere to road rules in your youtube videos, that way you show respect to others and rules and laws.

4. No need to broadcast to the world that you are vegan, most other don't care what you eat.

# non vegans don't broadcast on the youtube and and that they eat meat or rice only or whatever.

5. Realize you don't know everything wrt cycling

Personally I don't care what anyone eats, but a good amount of people out there feel very strong about it. And also swearing does not really bother me, but I can tell you a FEW of my friends who saw the video said .... "I listened till the first F-word then closed the video"

Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts.

1. We all swear. Most of society just pretend they don't. I like to keep it real on Youtube.

2. It takes a while to prepare for this so I like to keep people entertained in the meantime.

3. As cyclists we are not even a threat to anyone else on the road. If they don't obey the rules we die. If we don't obey the rules nothing ever happens lol.

4. Veganism is so much more than a simple dietary choice. If you did some research you would understand this.

5. You're right I don't know everything but I know a lot more than I did a decade ago and I still keep learning like all of us do when we live our passion.

1. We all swear. Most of society just pretend they don't. I like to keep it real on Youtube.

We all fart and s#*t, but that doesn't make it cool to do it all the time in front of everyone. Time and place comes into play.

I am pretty sure some posts on a online forum won't change your attitude. But the Admin staff might just muzzle you for a little bit if you don't want to play by the rules.

Don't really care anymore if you even attempt this "easy" climbing thing.

So long.

on second thought (thanks Morne) .... rather not feed the troll ... 

Edited by ChrisF

I can understand that you and many others think sugar is bad but it is simply an essential nutrient as it can be converted to glycogen the fastest. The thing with supplements is they just sell you sugar at 20x mark up. Certain sugars like molasses as I've recently found can make me nauseous over a few hours of consuming it. Another example of this is pure fructose. As for table sugar, coconut sugar and brown sugar, they work fine for me personally. Dates are also a great option as they are calorically dense.

Dude. You said it yourself, your sugar mix made you nauseas. Your home made mix is crap.

2. It takes a while to prepare for this so I like to keep people entertained in the meantime.

3. As cyclists we are not even a threat to anyone else on the road. If they don't obey the rules we die. If we don't obey the rules nothing ever happens lol.

4. Veganism is so much more than a simple dietary choice. If you did some research you would understand this.

5. You're right I don't know everything but I know a lot more than I did a decade ago and I still keep learning like all of us do when we live our passion.

1. Yes we all do swear, but we don't swear at work. You don't hear commentators swearing on TV, etc, etc. Don't make stupid arguments.

3. Your attitude and argumentative nature won't change your mind even if I have to remind you that a pedestrian (marshal) was knocked over and killed at the CTCT in 2018, albeit no rules being broken. Point is that bikes can also cause serious damage.

4. Please stop this Vegan pride parade nonsense. Eat what you eat and live your life in peace. Let others eat whatever the hell they please too. Don't preach about your diet or how veganism supposedly makes you a saint. 

Boom and out comes the attitude and ego again.

1. Others have mentioned the swearing already. 

2. See point number 1, tone it down and you might get more people following you and entertained.

3. Dont be so ignorant/arrogant. As someone that may just have some impressionable wannabe cyclists looking up at you you need to set an example.

4. like religion, I really dont care, do what you want, but dont go advertising it and/or shoving it in my face.

5. good attitude, never stop learning. but dont limit it to just your passion

Just no !!

You need to wise up a little.

Edited by porqui

I think I know more about Veganism than you => vegans don’t use leather products. Ie Kask Helmets etc.

On a side note not even vegetarians broadcast as much as Vegans do. There are many other lifestyle choices that people live by without broadcasting.