Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Suikerbossie is the most mythical of all climbs.

It's name is whispered in awed tones among greats like Monte Zoncolan, Alp d Huez, Monte Grappa and Ventoux.

It's aptly named the Beast of the South

No not really. It's only difficult because when you get to it you'll have 80km in your legs. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No comparison when it comes to the views. Not so much Suikerbossie, that's more to watch everyone suffering, but Chappies :wub:

Suikerbossie is a constant climb. Maybe something similar to van der Bijl Ave in Sunninghill?

Suikerbossie is the most mythical of all climbs.

It's name is whispered in awed tones among greats like Monte Zoncolan, Alp d Huez, Monte Grappa and Ventoux.

It's aptly named the Beast of the South

No not really. It's only difficult because when you get to it you'll have 80km in your legs. 

80km in your legs and going at about 30km/hr up 7% gradient..

do that, and you'd better have your sprint dialed to make a fist of it, come Greenpoint

DieselinDust is either Sauser or Darren Lill cos those are the only 2 people who can claim 30k+ up there.

7kph faster than Daryl Impey. That's impressive.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

We bought a beach house in 94 in Scarborough and that's where holidays and Argus's were spent from then on

I'm guessing this is being viewed in hindsight as a brilliant incessant!

Loads and loads of entries for sale in classifieds (which is a bit odd as you still need to substitute and us but sold it yet)