E Bike cheats

waynen

I’ll probably get shot down in flames but I’m with you man . Ebikes go with that whole transgender thing for me where if an oak thinks his a chick he can compete in woman’s events. If someone is allowed to compete in a MTB race with an ebike then what’s wrong with taking steroids . Ebikes should have their own category finished !!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like e-bikes but don't own one.

Having their own category in races would be okay but I hear they have different amps/volts and chips so it might end up being a "pay to win" situation. Would be funny to watch.

Sorry with respect i must say that you are incorrect, for the majority of people that have entered a race their position is relevant and would prefer to be 650th and not 655th if 5 people had cheated in front of them.

What actually got me to post my rant was, this morning I rode a popular route in KZN, when i checked my Strava i saw that for one of the climbs A Hill (top SA rider) was 42 seconds and the KOM was 32 seconds. When i clicked on the name to see who the race snake was there was a pic of a man boobed chap on an Ebike.

For me in the first instance i want to improve myself and i give you 100% for that, but i also want to fairly compete against my fellow cyclists.

Every Segment on Strava is a challenge and i want to beat my own time and improve my position.

Hi 

I don't have an E - Bike but think they are good for the sport on the whole. It gets people out on the bike when they would not be... Unfit , overweight etc.

Also allows weaker mates to ride with stronger mates.

I agree there should be a E-Bike category at the races, but if there is not, so what... More bikers more fun.

Where they place in the race means nothing to me but what I have seen and completely disagree with is a E-Bike pulling a normal MTB into a top 10 finish. Thats just wrong!

As for Strava, you can change the Sport from Ride to E-Bike ride, but either people don't know that or don't care to be honest about it.

Long live the E-Bike... It has its place!

Sorry with respect i must say that you are incorrect, for the majority of people that have entered a race their position is relevant and would prefer to be 650th and not 655th if 5 people had cheated in front of them.

What actually got me to post my rant was, this morning I rode a popular route in KZN, when i checked my Strava i saw that for one of the climbs A Hill (top SA rider) was 42 seconds and the KOM was 32 seconds. When i clicked on the name to see who the race snake was there was a pic of a man boobed chap on an Ebike.

For me in the first instance i want to improve myself and i give you 100% for that, but i also want to fairly compete against my fellow cyclists.

Every Segment on Strava is a challenge and i want to beat my own time and improve my position.

Aaaaah so it's more about feeding your STRAVA addiction than E-Bikes. 

Anything other than the Elite racing cat is just a funride where it it probably doesn't matter whether it's an ebike or not.

Yeah. We should just go back to calling it what it is, funrides.

I don’t understand people calling it a race and in the same breath complain about the lack of gourmet delicacies at the water points.

And this my friend is what commonly referred to as small penis syndrome

Hi 

I don't have an E - Bike but think they are good for the sport on the whole. It gets people out on the bike when they would not be... Unfit , overweight etc.

Also allows weaker mates to ride with stronger mates.

I agree there should be a E-Bike category at the races, but if there is not, so what... More bikers more fun.

Where they place in the race means nothing to me but what I have seen and completely disagree with is a E-Bike pulling a normal MTB into a top 10 finish. Thats just wrong!

As for Strava, you can change the Sport from Ride to E-Bike ride, but either people don't know that or don't care to be honest about it.

Long live the E-Bike... It has its place!

I did the trailseeker race yesterday where there was an ebike category that were mixing it up with the normal mtb'ers in the 40km

None of the ebike riders that raced past me were fat, old or weak - they all looked like the riders you would expect at the front half of the field.

Most of them weren't diddling around at the back of the either. 9 of the 12 e-bike riders that took part (officially) finished in the top 50. So it is not just a case of backmarkers being cheated out of "655th" position, people bring their ebikes to race but the normal cyclists are the ones who must remember it's "just a funride"?

Twice I had to get off my bike at a singletrack climb to let an ebike past so they were interfering with my race. A little later I heard a fellow rider complain on how he was held up on a downhill singletrack section by an ebike rider with questionable skills - on the day just minor annoyances for me but I can see this only getting worse.

Maybe you guys are right, I have a feeling that this development in races is inevitable. Won't be so dramatic to say that I will stop doing races where ebikes are in the mix, but I will definitely have a preference for events where they are not. Luckily at this stage at least we still have options. 

Edit - And I have seen a few Strava KOM's & QOM's on the day by people on ebikes who logged their rides as normal mtb rides, but I guess that is a general e-bike thing not just something that happens on races

Edited by Skubarra

Never mind strava KOM's, this guy is going for a much bigger record

It's all systems go for a Johannesburg man who plans to cycle almost 10 500km from Cairo, Egypt, to Cape Town on an electric bicycle (e-bike).

And one of the reasons he's doing it to beat the Guinness World Record and become the fastest man to ride from Cairo to the Cape.

https://www.news24.com/Green/News/joburger-to-cycle-from-cairo-to-cape-town-to-raise-climate-change-awareness-20190817

It's simple. Just boycott any event that permits e-bikes. And let the organisers know why you refuse to enter. That'll pretty soon ensure that events are properly seperated.

It's simple. Just boycott any event that permits e-bikes. And let the organisers know why you refuse to enter. That'll pretty soon ensure that events are properly seperated.

Nah it won't. It'll just be the end participation of all the golfers