Tokai Trails

jimmy hardtail

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope all you big mouths on here are prepared to step up now and use your own time and resources to keep things going now.

If I was Deon I'd say screw this and pull out.

You know who you are.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I hope all you big mouths on here are prepared to step up now and use your own time and resources to keep things going now.

You know who you are.

100%

Indeed. Maybe it is time for change though?

Well done to those that have gotten us this far

Well good luck to whoever does it.

The Sanparks employees on the ground at Tokai have very little motivation to keep mountain bikers entertained. They aren't measured on how many people use the mountain so we are little more than an inconvenience to them.

I hope all the grootbekke on here are prepared to step up and get involved. I'm fairly certain that chirping on an internet forum doesn't maintain trail and pay for security.

I'm out now. @Eddy, Meezo and DND. You three have been very quick on the keyboard. Are you prepared to be quick to drive your own car up a k@k dirt road to help an injured rider on a Sunday afternoon? Or take lunch to the security guys when your wife wants you to fix something at home? Or take time off work to attend a meeting with Sanparks? It's easy to tap away on a keyboard. Not so easy to do things in the real world.

Mark, Deon and Tim. You guys have done well. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

You know who you are.

Could not agree more

Assholes

What Duane said.

And cliff notes for those of us who work all day. haha.

As I've learned what the Tokai MTB team put in, I realised that even my ranting during the closed phase (after fires) was uninformed and ungrateful.    I enjoy the trails a lot, and the team that organises and builds them not only keeps it open for us, but also safe, I've learned about the security and raising money etc.       

I dont agree with stuff being deleted (the one downside of this forum compared to others I've seen) so please fill us in.    I ride these trails all the time, and would like to ensure they stay open and keep improving as they have been.

And for the keyboard warriors?  They probably walk over jumps and push their bikes up the hills, and would be the first to quit when times get tough.  Ignore the little bitches.