A sale is it?

MudLark

I went into a rather well-known bike store this weekend with a view to taking advantage of their sale (and in particular their "make an offer" scheme) with a view to acquiring a comparatively cheap road bike for my indoor trainer. They rejected my offer (which I admit was a little bit cheeky) and said to me that the best they could do was a number between R16 K and R17 K. I am somewhat bemused to discover that I can purchase the same bike elsewhere at "normal price" for about R3K less. Which tells me how much more I am normally paying at the particular bike store in question than I could get the same thing for elsewhere…

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called marketing, they make you believe you are getting the deal of the century. That's why i always shop around even if an item is "on sale"

I went into a rather well-known bike store this weekend with a view to taking advantage of their sale (and in particular their "make an offer" scheme) with a view to acquiring a comparatively cheap road bike for my indoor trainer. They rejected my offer (which I admit was a little bit cheeky) and said to me that the best they could do was a number between R16 K and R17 K. I am somewhat bemused to discover that I can purchase the same bike elsewhere at "normal price" for about R3K less. Which tells me how much more I am normally paying at the particular bike store in question than I could get the same thing for elsewhere…

have you taken the responsible step and rather ordered any other beer than Castle?

Bru you are 2 trends behind.

After Craft beer came craft Gin

And now it's Craft Whiskey.

I have the same issue when I go to my local pub for a Castle draught and pay R28 and when we go to the Waterfront I pay R50 

Okay, fair point. But nonetheless, especially when you consider that its supposed to be this incredible sale. Well, I suppose its relative…

Can't wait for Craft Water to catch on..

Oh, wait...Valpre has been doing it since forever!

My client has a tap in their bar with water crafted from air.

at this stage it's free, not sure for how long.

Bru you are 2 trends behind.

After Craft beer came craft Gin

And now it's Craft Whiskey.

You're wrong there unfortunately..... The new Hipster vibe is actually bespoke Artisanal Craft RUM!

I could get behind the Whiskey... But no. RUM! AAARRRGGGHHHH!

have you taken the responsible step and rather ordered any other beer than Castle?

best part is...people love having digs at craft brewers only because it supposedly costs more than their fav....but there are a fair few breweries in town where you'll pay taproom prices for a pint of lager.....and it is less than R28 a beer, some days even as little as R20  ^_^

You're wrong there unfortunately..... The new Hipster vibe is actually bespoke Artisanal Craft RUM!

I could get behind the Whiskey... But no. RUM! AAARRRGGGHHHH!

obviously not a pirate then. 'rum is love...rum is life' :whistling:

Edited by morneS555

best part is...people love having digs at craft brewers only because it supposedly costs more than their fav....but there are a fair few breweries in town where you'll pay taproom prices for a pint of lager.....and it is less than R28 a beer, some days even as little as R20  ^_^

Kindly point me in the right direction