Contermanskloof Road Bike Jacking Attempt

milky4130

Just be alert when training outback Contermanskloof and Malanshooge Roads. 3 black guys in a white Nissan 1400 bakkie tried to bike jack a rider at 7:30am this morning. They pretend to be broken down at the side of the road with the bonnet open. They were following rider until the entrance to Conties where they waited. He knew something was up so when this guy jumped out of the bakkie with a knife, rider sprinted pass him. Flagged cars down and 2 cars stopped only then did the thugs flee.

Edited by milky4130

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag nee @#$ man. I ride this road on my traverse to the trail heads, and now it seems to be lost.

I am so over this. I was thinking of heading out that way tomorrow, but the riots (because what these asshole are doing is definitely not protesting) in DuNoon are causing sh 1 t in these parts as things stand at present. So now, maybe I should just sell my mtb, and go full roadie, and then I can just ride the fricken cycle path between Big Bay and Melkbos...

White Corsa was used in my 'jacking, and the previous times there was incidents on Malans, it was also a white Corsa.

Things are getting out of hand in Dunoon area, be safe and avoid the whole surrounding area, it is spreading out, and fast.

Son of a b1tch

I work shifts and always cycle alone on those roads too the trails .

Decided to sleep in and not cyle this morning, otherwise I could have being in the same situation

IIRC Myles also got jacked by a small white bakkie. Similar MO's here. There will be 5 or 6 of these and then it will go quiet again. FFFFFFFCCCKKKSSSS me off.

Just be alert when training outback Contermanskloof and Malanshooge Roads. 3 black guys in a white Nissan 1400 bakkie tried to bike jack a rider at 7:30am this morning. They pretend to be broken down at the side of the road with the bonnet open. They were following rider until the entrance to Conties where they waited. He knew something was up so when this guy jumped out of the bakkie with a knife, rider sprinted pass him. Flagged cars down and 2 cars stopped only then did the thugs flee.

Thanks for posting this alert Milky.

I was the intended target of these a*holes this morning. Luckily I was alert enough to suspect something was going to happen.

I also have to thank the 2 motorists who stopped when I flagged them down. The thugs saw this and drove off.

So thanks to the guy in the Ford Everest and to the couple in the Toyota Fortuner. They were kind enough to drive behind me till I got to a busier section of road.

IIRC Myles also got jacked by a small white bakkie. Similar MO's here. There will be 5 or 6 of these and then it will go quiet again. FFFFFFFCCCKKKSSSS me off.

uummmmm when did this happen ?

Thanks for posting this alert Milky.

I was the intended target of these a*holes this morning. Luckily I was alert enough to suspect something was going to happen.

I also have to thank the 2 motorists who stopped when I flagged them down. The thugs saw this and drove off.

So thanks to the guy in the Ford Everest and to the couple in the Toyota Fortuner. They were kind enough to drive behind me till I got to a busier section of road.

I’m glad to hear that it turned out ok. Sorry that you had to go through this, it’s ***.

I am also pleased to see that Ford and Toyota people can work together.