2020 Tour de France

pista

Jury report of stage 11: #TdF2020:

Van Aert has been fined 200CHF for inappropriate behaviour.

Sagan gets a 500CHF fine and - 13 points in points classification for deviation from the chosen line that obstructs or endangers another rider or irregular sprint

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see the seconds leading up to the elbowing again ....

I thought the sprint was in the middle of the road .... then drifted right blocking out Sagan.

Where is the line between letting them block you out vs making sure they will keep a straight line next time ....

Sagan DID give them one almighty look after that sprint ... I was convinced he was upset by the blocking move ...

Then again, the previous accident reminds us of how badly this can end .... but surely the "blocker" has to carry some resposibility .....

Consistancy may just kill proper sprints ... sort out the barriers, please dont "dumb down" (skuus, daar is sekerlik n beter term ... maar my brits is nou op) the sprints ...

Velon posted the sprint on Instagram.

WvA always had that right-hand side, he never moved over to block Sagan.

Moving past the AG2R rider could have still been excused, rubbing shoulders is fine.

Sagan was boxed in after that. Best he could have done legally was to wait and hope a gap opens up.

The more times I see that replay the more I think it was the right sanction. If Wout was smaller that shove could've thrown him more off coarse and caused a massive pile up at those speeds, then Sagan could've seen a similar sanction to that of Groenewegen.

Sagan gets a 500CHF fine and - 13 points in points classification for deviation from the chosen line that obstructs or endangers another rider or irregular sprint

I missed the Van Aert thing? Was it after the sprint? Altercation?

I missed the Van Aert thing? Was it after the sprint? Altercation?

WvA apparently flipped the bird at Sagan. Not sure if there is photo or a video clip of it though.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Mntboy

WvA apparently flipped the bird at Sagan. Not sure if there is photo or a video clip of it though.

Edit: Grammar

Thanks, makes sense. Wout seems like a chilled dude. If he were to do it to someone allot more hot-headed we could have ended up with assault charges.

Ridiculous

Wooses

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Ah well they'll make claims about the image of cycling and the need to be a sportsman and a good role model for kids et cetera et cetera..........  Still one does need to give a bit of leniency towards them being human beings and being allowed to express their feelings about stuff like this.

Thanks, makes sense. Wout seems like a chilled dude. If he were to do it to someone allot more hot-headed we could have ended up with assault charges.

Where's Moscon or Bouhanni when you need them!!!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

The right side tapered towards the finish, sagan mistimed his launch to the line, he did what anybody at that level does... you let the rider know you coming up on the inside. We've seen worse so not sure why UCI is now hammering them on this? A sprint is a mad dash, its always been, and always will be. Wanna play up there, its dangerous, over and over riders get squeezed and are forced to make harsh moves. Its racing and I hope Sagan gets his chance... his been always up there, a true green jersey holder in my books. Nothing but pure class from one of the most exciting riders to emerge in the last 20 years. The other day he was fetching bottles and then still goes for a stage, respect man respect. I do hope he shows these others up soon. Sure his lost some speed, but none of those riders around him will ever achieve what he has. 

-13 points - that means he lost the points he got at the intermediate sprint.

So that means Bennett increased his lead by 47 points.

-13 points - that means he lost the points he got at the intermediate sprint.

So that means Bennett increased his lead by 47 points.

He has a lead of 68 points.

All points for the day goneis points as well as a 13 point penalty? [emoji849]

Edited by Gen

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Ah well they'll make claims about the image of cycling and the need to be a sportsman and a good role model for kids et cetera et cetera..........  Still one does need to give a bit of leniency towards them being human beings and being allowed to express their feelings about stuff like this.

Where's Moscon or Bouhanni when you need them!!!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

200 CHF is peanuts.

Djokovich was fined $10 000 for unsportsmanlike conduct and he did not even aim for the  line judge :)  

But yes, I agree, they must be role models.

The right side tapered towards the finish, sagan mistimed his launch to the line, he did what anybody at that level does... you let the rider know you coming up on the inside. We've seen worse so not sure why UCI is now hammering them on this? A sprint is a mad dash, its always been, and always will be. Wanna play up there, its dangerous, over and over riders get squeezed and are forced to make harsh moves. Its racing and I hope Sagan gets his chance... his been always up there, a true green jersey holder in my books. Nothing but pure class from one of the most exciting riders to emerge in the last 20 years. The other day he was fetching bottles and then still goes for a stage, respect man respect. I do hope he shows these others up soon. Sure his lost some speed, but none of those riders around him will ever achieve what he has. 

I really want to agree but I don't.

If the UCI stamp out this sort of thing, then we can continue to have sprints. If the riders continue to endanger each other and no punishment is meted out, we will be bleating about rider safety and the UCI doing nothing about it forever.

We are at a place where pro sport has evolved so much that it's not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago, so saying 'it's always been like that' isn't really true. Nor can we keep saying things like that or women wouldn't be able to vote and people would still be slaves..

The accelerations in cycling, the impacts in rugby etc are all way more critical these days.... I think enforcing rules that still allow for the competition to be fierce but has player/rider safety at the forefront is great.

If the rider knows he can't he won't. So as the newer riders come through, sprints will be clean and policed. I dunno, I like the ruling and I hope they remain consistent with it