The toolbox thread

100Tours

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot Gummi

That Metabo set is very nice.  Would probably be very difficult to impossible to get locally ...  :wacko:

That Metabo set is very nice. Would probably be very difficult to impossible to get locally ... :wacko:

If you're in SA it's available online, or you can collect in Kempton Park.

That’ll be your go to tool now [emoji106]

Good weight to it, for such a small set. I supplemented it with an additional set of Festool bits.

Looks like a very nice set.

Who did you purchase from online? Same company you can collect from in Kempton Park?

I collected from them yesterday. Same place Topdog toolshop. They are mainly an online business, so phone ahead to check if they have what you need in stock, before going there. They had at least 15 sets.

I collected from them yesterday. Same place Topdog toolshop. They are mainly an online business, so phone ahead to check if they have what you need in stock, before going there. They had at least 15 sets.

Great stuff! Thanks for the confirmation.  :thumbup:

and you didn't pop around to my work and say hi.

Half the people reading this thread now want that set.... including me!

Think they need a BikeHub discount

+1

Wonder if I can pass it off as a valentines gift to the wife, 'cause thats the only way I can justify spending any money right now.

Another essential tool for Japanese motorbikes, bikes and cars is a JIS screwdriver.

Worthwhile googling. They are difficult to come by though

So I have worked on motorbikes(90% Japanese) since I was 12 years old. My dad had a wrecked old green screw driver and for all my years as soon as I needed to work on bikes I would always go straight to that screw driver 1st because it just worked. When I moved out I asked to keep that screwdriver and it still sits in the tool box. Did a crf carb the other day and went directly for that screw driver. Anyway long story short, the penny just dropped and I have just checked- it is a JIS screwdriver. Now it all makes sense why it just worked perfectly. Learn something new every day. Thanks