3 abreast

MonsterMan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point it out to them in person and get ready to learn some inventive ways of stringing expletives together

Why would you assume this?

It would be a gross miscarriage of mob justice if they are not called out for their poor sock game.... Shocking really. Sock it too them

statistically they are riding two abreast and the right hand group is overtaking the left which the law allows for...

But seriously... Those socks :shocked:

Two abreast is legal?  :huh:

Point it out to them in person and get ready to learn some inventive ways of stringing expletives together

It was pointed out.... And when pointed out, laughter followed by all sorts of comments..... When they were told they were on camera for it..... The silence thereafter was golden

Why would you assume this?

Because I've done it several times and the ratio of aggressive to non-aggressive responses is not a good one. 

It was pointed out.... And when pointed out, laughter followed by all sorts of comments..... When they were told they were on camera for it..... The silence thereafter was golden

I'm pleased it was pointed out and good on you for posting it

no way, cant be .... they have an alibi ... the "three-abreast-MTB-gang" were doing their thing on St John Road (next to Durbanville horse track) this morning just before 7:00 .... as if their MTB's would get dirty if they used the gravel shoulder next to the road ....

I often ride on St John road, sometimes I use the gravel shoulder but often not. I don't see anything wrong with riding on the road. We are not lesser road users, we have every right to be on there (maybe not 3 abreast though). Also 7h00 on a Sunday morning is not exactly peak hour traffic on that road?

THIS is why other road users HATE CYCLISTS...and it isn't an isolated incident either [shock! horror!].  

See similar behaviour in Pta East regularly - but now with IMPROVED SAFETY, as the bunch has a bakkie with hazards following it at 25kmph, making safe passing even harder.

I often ride on St John road, sometimes I use the gravel shoulder but often not. I don't see anything wrong with riding on the road. We are not lesser road users, we have every right to be on there (maybe not 3 abreast though). Also 7h00 on a Sunday morning is not exactly peak hour traffic on that road?

I was also on the TAR, but single file and not holding up traffic.

and YES, they did hold up two cars, even at that early hour.

PS - on the way back I stayed well off the tar.  Still relatively low traffic, but way too many cars are driven "eratically", some way too fast, other by texting-drivers, one Range Rover even had its tires ON the yellow line getting close to driving on the gravel....

THIS is why other road users HATE CYCLISTS...and it isn't an isolated incident either [shock! horror!].  

See similar behaviour in Pta East regularly - but now with IMPROVED SAFETY, as the bunch has a bakkie with hazards following it at 25kmph, making safe passing even harder.

some twits doing the same on the roads between Stellenbosch and Franschoek as well ....

and NO, this does NOT improve safety .... irate drivers take wild chances to pass the blocking vehicle, then just move back into the lane ....  NOTE - this road has a WIDE yellow shoulder and riders could probably ride three abreast without getting into the road.

but then again, nothing new in this thread.  Same cr@p behaviour, same excuses, different day ...

Unfortunately one of out teams were a bit overenthusastic on the ride and broke with team rules on single file riding. We have addressed it with the team concerned. We apprecaite the heads up but sadly some of the comments appear very vindicative and personal, perhaps a call to the club chairman would have been more constructive and mature.Keep safe