2019 Strava Stats

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen brother, I have also come to realise that vert stats make more difference to me ????

Have you made up “that hill” with road gearing yet?

Poor year for me

Missed all targets by miles and no valid excuses

Didn’t rock up to multiple events I’d entered because I’m a fair weather rider

Didn’t lose 1 of the 10kgs I said I would and needed to

5361km

138 rides

61 000 elevation

Only interesting stat is 5001 of those kms solo

Poor year for me

Missed all targets by miles and no valid excuses

Didn’t rock up to multiple events I’d entered because I’m a fair weather rider

Didn’t lose 1 of the 10kgs I said I would and needed to

5361km

138 rides

61 000 elevation

Only interesting stat is 5001 of those kms solo

I would guess close to 15000 of mine were all solo if not more and for sure my last 713 in 8 days were solo! I like it that way ????

It was a year of moving goalposts (moved by myself, I must add)

First target was to train for Joberg2C and make the cutoff within an hour every day. 

It was hard work getting fit for JoBerg2C, so after that we (Mr Cat-i and I) decided to see if we could commute 200km per week for 10 weeks (wanted to get weekends back for myself, so commuting made a lot more sense)

Then the UweKoetter challenge came along (see how much ascent you can get over 6 months from June to November). So I joined and added some loops in Delta Park to my daily commute.

With the added distance, I soon was filtering to the top half of both the commuting challenge and the Uwe Koetter challenge ... so then I moved the goalpost again to see if I could get to top 5 in the Uwe Koetter challenge and possibly catch the boys on the commuting challenge.

Was hard. Not planning to repeat this next year (or any other year). Unless I can get a lot faster. But it's great looking back on the numbers!

post-1066-0-73295800-1577800813_thumb.png

So this is my year.  

365 day challenge complete.  

Started out the year doing a lot of riding on the trainer, then the trainer ate my carbon dropouts...  No more road biking for me.  From about May onwards I was only on the MTB outside in the wild..  In June I started the Uwe Koetter Rise Challenge (essentially climb as much as possible) and I did 168,000m elevation gain between June and the end of November.  There were some seriously hard days in there with being "forced" to ride everyday and climb as much as possible in a sustainable way to be able to do it all again tomorrow.  The whole of December has been recovery for me  :P

Highlight of the year for me was cycling all the way around and up Kilimanjaro.  Loved that.  

Started out the year with a goal of trying to get to 100,000m elevation gain and no plans to do the 365 challenge, so you never really know what the year ahead may bring.  

post-50271-0-84788900-1577804072_thumb.jpg

3 000km less than 2018 (I did have 30 days off this year, it seems :whistling: ), but slightly more ascent in a shade under 80 hours less. Not bad for a goal-less year (bar the September Mast-a-Day Silliness).

But you rocked the 365 didn’t you?

Is that massive red band in Dec the big day out on the Stig?

But you rocked the 365 didn’t you?

Is that massive red band in Dec the big day out on the Stig?

No 365 this year, thankfully. And, yes, BBDO on the Stig. Too much of fun.

Some serious people on here This was my first year keeping track and I am impressed with what I have done. Next year I will try for 3000+

Thought you and your boet would have clocked up more miles, seeing the distances you cover on your Saturday rides ....  given the opportunity to do more of those long rides you both should easily exceed 10 000km ...

Thanks for all the lekker chats at Bloemendal  :thumbup:   Wishing you both an excellent 2020