Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Not a great 2018 Ito weight loss. Didn't sign up in 2019. But started eating better and training more from August. August 2019 116 kg. November 110. Now 105kg. Aiming for sub 90kg and then will reassess where I feel is my healthy weight and push from there

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third year in a row for me as well. Last year was generally successful, although I didn't get to my ultimate goal. I do seem to have a mental block as every time I get to 100kg's or thereabouts, I fall off the wagon like a brick off a cliff. Anyway, according to the 2019 spreadsheet, I am currently second for the year, albeit with not too many having updated. 

My goal this year is to get to 90kg's. I have entered the Rally Di Romagna 5 day race in May, with day three having 3000m of climbing in 90km's, so I have to get lighter for that. 

I also have an outside chance of having to be in California around the time of the sea otter classic, so have provisionally planned to enter one of the Sportives as well as one of the MTB events, so need to be able to turn up and not look like a sausage in Lycra for those as well. 

Most importantly, when I fall off the wagon and my weight creeps up, my sleeping heart rate increases from mid 50's to mid 70's very quickly, which is not ideal. 

Anyway, wishing all you buggers well in the challenge this year. 

Entered again this year, last year didn't go well until November when I discovered OMAD, lost 7kgs in a month, but the December festive eating madness took over and I gained 5kgs.  :wacko:

Going to be more disciplined this year, started my OMAD diet again yesterday....

Oh yes and the aim is to get fitter this year and ride a whole lot more.

September 2017: 125.1kg

September 2018: 104kg

September 2019: 84.8kg

At start of 2020: 96.8kg!!

Those numbers are crazy. You must have stories where you bumped into people who last saw you 40kgs/2years ago and they don't recognize you. 

Those numbers are crazy. You must have stories where you bumped into people who last saw you 40kgs/2years ago and they don't recognize you. 

Haha yip I get it often!

This was in 2016:

post-119556-0-59639300-1578306476_thumb.jpg

This was right before I started cycling in Sept 2017 on 125kg vs December 2018 on 98kg:

post-119556-0-93686300-1578306699_thumb.jpg

And this is now this weekend on 96.8kg:

post-119556-0-37973300-1578307622_thumb.jpg

Next year I'll have to post one where I'm sub 80kg haha!

fell off the wagon last year - marriage drama and a bit too much of the ol' 43%... Riding took a large knock after a bad spill in Spain and general lethargy. new year, new beginnings as they say. I suspect my case is more of 'cutting out' than 'adding in'... let's see how this pans out

Hey gang, keen to get fit and lose the LBs as well. How does this work? how does one sign up and how do the weigh ins work etc? Thank you

Hey gang, keen to get fit and lose the LBs as well. How does this work? how does one sign up and how do the weigh ins work etc? Thank you

Hi Trey, have a look on the first post on the first page of this thread there is a link to the online excel sheet where you can enter all your details. Weigh-in is on the first of every month. 

im in again

trying again to loose that last 2kg ... can it really be that hard....

Not at all. I hopped on the scale yesterday morning, and I've lost 3.4 kilos in a week.