Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Hey gang, keen to get fit and lose the LBs as well. How does this work? how does one sign up and how do the weigh ins work etc? Thank you

Hi Trey, have a look on the first post on the first page of this thread there is a link to the online excel sheet where you can enter all your details. Weigh-in is on the first of every month. 

As mentioned use the link on the OP, I suggest you bookmark it for future usage.

makes it easier in the coming months.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm in. Picked up 5kg's on holiday

Planning on running Comrades this year so need to lose a few pounds

I see a number of Guys have chosen "Eat less - Ride more" as their plan to lose weight. 

In my book that  extremely difficult to do as you end up being hungry forever, and worse, Hangry  all the time.

However by just cutting out all sugars and Carbohydrates and eating as much as you want of green vegetables, meat, eggs, fish Avos, nuts, cream, real butter etc ( in other words real unprocessed foods),  hunger disappears after the first two weeks, and the weight piles off rapidly

My weight chart below shows the different approaches. When my weight got down to a BMI of about 23, my body naturally increased my food intake to maintain a pretty stable weight.   

www.dietdoctor.com  explains clearly and simply the low card approach to weight loss 

post-63-0-25928900-1578494904_thumb.jpg

Well, here I goes again. 

The latter part of 2019 was horrid in terms of exercise, illness and stress. I managed to hit my mid term goal of 95 in June or so, and then the wheels came off. Properly. I’m now back at 101, have a lot of ground to make up, and I only have myself to blame. 

The goal is 90. For now. A proper diet and exercise plan has been implemented. Good luck to all!

(QUOTE )However by just cutting out all sugars and Carbohydrates and eating as much as you want of green vegetables, meat, eggs, fish Avos, nuts, cream, real butter etc ( in other words real unprocessed foods),  hunger disappears after the first two weeks, and the weight piles off rapidly 

Agreed , I think the term should be "Eat right ride more " 

Seems I was part of the clan that dropped off towards the end of 2019.... Kept my weight in check, on a good day I'm the same as I was a year ago... Now the key is to man up and eat right, that's where I fell off the wagon. Too much nougat and chocolate, as one can never have too much beer, so it definitely wasn't that [emoji1787]

So here goes.... 86 at the moment, goal is 82 in May for my Ironman, and then will see if 82 is a good weight for me or if I should try drop to 80 by the end of the year.

Well, here I goes again.

The latter part of 2019 was horrid in terms of exercise, illness and stress. I managed to hit my mid term goal of 95 in June or so, and then the wheels came off. Properly. I’m now back at 101, have a lot of ground to make up, and I only have myself to blame.

The goal is 90. For now. A proper diet and exercise plan has been implemented. Good luck to all!

Oooh the big boys have arrived

Bloody heng!! Went to the gym last night and weighed myself properly on their scale. 92! so I have about 12kg to go to goal weight. I was down to 82 in Feb 2019 so it's possible!

I must say I enjoy the process of getting in shape though. cheers fellaz!

Well, here I goes again. 

That's not terrible at all, 6kg's of which 1 is probably Christmas beer, so the goal is well within reach!

• 2 weeks later...

I hit my goal weight and less for 2019  and then let slip a bit this month eating wise . I have decided not to try and lose more weight so am staying between 82 and 84 kg for now . it suits my diet and training schedule . Good luck to those who are wanting to enjoy their riding more with less weight to drag up hills .