Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Looking at the Excel sheet it seems that we already lost 48% of the field that entered the Challenge at the start of the year (or forgot to weigh-in on 1 Feb). 

Congrats to Weekend Warrior taking the early lead at the end of January with a massive 8.52% weight loss!

Some of us just forgot.   :whistling:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did mine. January was shitty AF, feb already much better. 

Did you copy and paste this post from the 2019 thread?

Blacksam........nail on head ............ :w00t:  :w00t:  :clap:

Just did mine. January was shitty AF, feb already much better. 

Did you copy and paste this post from the 2019 thread?

@captain 

I see you have been monitored and checked up on :oops:  :ph34r: .. you'll have too make sure the rest of year goes better than Jan.... :whistling: .

I was down 1kg .. then the oak valley 24hrs happened , managed to pack 2kg of weight on in 2 days trying to stop my cravings 

back to normal tommorrow

I'm in.... again. Had some good losses this year, but gained again towards the end of the year after slipping a disc (again). I have a kiddo due in August, so this year feels like do or die for me in terms of throwing off the extra kgs - it definitely will not happen with a new born in the house.

For some motivation I have some riding goals:

- 24hrs of Oak Valley at the start of Feb

- Half 36One in April (sub 9hours goal)

- EWC series again - placed well this year and had a massive improvement over 2018 season - but that was due to some good technical progression, not fitness. I won't put down what position I'm aiming for, but it's in my head

- 5000km total distance for the year with 125,000m elevation

As for the weight, goal is 85kg by the time the kiddo arrives (103kg now), but this year I'll just focus on better eating and the riding goals above - the weight should follow.

Oh, and most important goal: don't slip a disc again. I have a tendency to lose weight, get lekker fit, and then get complacent with my back, slip a disc, and then fall off the bandwagon coz I feel sorry for myself.

As your friend, and the responsible one between all of us, I'm saving this.

And reminding you that if you fail to weigh less than 86 by the time Klein Phlip is born, then you need to go full vegan for two months.

Hah,I managed to shed some kilo's after not really trying very hard. Work, NO discipline around food, but plenty of hard cycling since the start of the year, and I still managed to pull off a drop of -2.34%

Now that I somehow managed to motivate myself out of the slump, I will be taking things somewhat more serious in the months to come. 

I plan to make use of the info on the Fit Father Project on YT to bring some cross training to bear as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKvJ_vxZZoN5yeWBU2CVGcQ