Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

As your friend, and the responsible one between all of us, I'm saving this.

And reminding you that if you fail to weigh less than 86 by the time Klein Phlip is born, then you need to go full vegan for two months.

Haha thanks, well on my way :)

And remember if you want naming rights to my first born, the bidding starts at 100k ;)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As your friend, and the responsible one between all of us, I'm saving this.

And reminding you that if you fail to weigh less than 86 by the time Klein Phlip is born, then you need to go full vegan for two months.

Screenshot taken, just in case you need and can't find this later Phil .....

Bit late to the party, but after a poor 2019 it can only go better this year...

Weight never really went anywhere last year, was sick half the year and also ended up with a back problem that kept me out of running and Comrades. I'm hopefully on top of those, so optimistic for this year.

Hasn't started all that well though, got an achilles issue that's preventing me running, but getting treatment and just as important, I've been eating well for weeks and exercising a lot. Mainly waterpolo and swimming, so not the best weight-loss, but feeling good, strong and comfy in 34" jeans.

When I start running again, as long as I keep eating healthy the weight loss will accelerate nicely.

Goal is 86/87kgs by Comrades, so need to lose between 1-5/2kgs a month

Good luck everyone, shedding weight is definitely becoming more of a challenge as we get older  :blush:

Started doing a bit of IF. Not quite 16/8, but skipping breakfast most days. Tough in the beginning and  haven't noticed a significant drop in weight yet, but my hunger cravings are better.

Weight never really went anywhere last year, was sick half the year and also ended up with a back problem that kept me out of running and Comrades. I'm hopefully on top of those, so optimistic for this year.

Hasn't started all that well though, got an achilles issue that's preventing me running, but getting treatment and just as important, I've been eating well for weeks and exercising a lot. Mainly waterpolo and swimming, so not the best weight-loss, but feeling good, strong and comfy in 34" jeans.

When I start running again, as long as I keep eating healthy the weight loss will accelerate nicely.

Good luck everyone, shedding weight is definitely becoming more of a challenge as we get older  :blush:

Gosh Average Andy, had I read that without first checking who wrote it, I would have sworn that it was the work of Captain Fat Excuses Mayhem.

Jokes aside, you had a horrible 2019. Sick more often than not. I saw the effect of the back injury with my own eyes. Now your latest setback. Pal I admire your positive attitude through it all. Good luck, hope this one goes much better.

I have had lots of issues with my back - chronic back pain for well over two years due to a herniated disc between L4 & L5. I tried everything and only one thing gave me release. I don't like to punt business in an open forum but am willing to pm to anyone who wants to get a back sorted. 

O and it's not surgery, I went to two neurosurgeons in my quest as well 

I have had lots of issues with my back - chronic back pain for well over two years due to a herniated disc between L4 & L5. I tried everything and only one thing gave me release. I don't like to punt business in an open forum but am willing to pm to anyone who wants to get a back sorted. 

I think that is what was wrong with Andrews back as well. He was suffering hectic, it was flippen funny.

Here in the Free State us dutchies just say my rug is in sy moer in. We dont know about herniated discs and that kind of stuff.

We have a weight loss challenge running at work as well. R 60 buy in, winner walks away with a nice lil bonus. I was in the lead until Thursday, until my colleague totally leapfrogged me - he has a lot more to lose unfortunately, so I don't think it's possible to lose 2.5 kg in 7 days in order to beat him. Unless I'm going on a liquid low cal diet, but my training is already suffering from the decrease in calorie intake. 

If Captain Mayhem loses weight then he has to redo his suspension setup, tire pressure, etc. Can you really blame him? :P

His weight is more stable than the Chinese economy. That suspension has more chance of biodegrading than having the preload adjusted.

This is not a bad thing, my mom likes him the way he is :P

His weight is more stable than the Chinese economy. That suspension has more chance of biodegrading than having the preload adjusted.

This is not a bad thing, my mom likes him the way he is :P

It's true. Her biscuits are amazing. Not to mention her pavlova. 

No thanks. Despite my failures, I still want to get there and prove it to myself and others that I can do it.

If you get stuck and need to shed the last kilo or two, just have the circumcision....

please pm me. I have been battling with my lower back for years. Some days i am unable to walk, it get so bad and the muscles are constantly sore.