2020 Tour of Good Hope

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much spice coming out of this event. Why is no one talking about it, surely the biggest week long tour we have?

Not much spice coming out of this event. Why is no one talking about it, surely the biggest week long tour we have?

It just doesn’t get the kind of coverage that the MTB events have. Even my mates riding are slow to upload their efforts. I suspect mobile network coverage and speed is an issue

It just doesn’t get the kind of coverage that the MTB events have. Even my mates riding are slow to upload their efforts. I suspect mobile network coverage and speed is an issue

Probably all too tired, haha. Been tough and hot as hell!

Been in touch with the current green jersey wearer.... Racing hots up today after the ITT yesterday.

By all accounts it's been a pretty awesome event thus far...

I woke up at 1am on Monday morning drenched in sweat with a spiking fever and my legs and arms aching. 

I couldn't believe it.  Fever lasted till monday afternoon, spent Tuesday in bed feeling washed out with a headache and today I feel better if slightly tired.  

Bitter disappointment and frustration given way to acceptance. I'm going to go for a spin at lunchtime today to decide if I can do Stage 4 tomorrow.

Similar thing happened to me a week before last year's Transbaviaans - feel jinxed.

I'm betting on that being Strava power....

Would be very interested to find out. I would also tend to agree with you but knowing that Jaco was a WT rider recently and they(some WT riders) are able to put out those sorts of figures makes me very intrigued. I am sure someone like him would have a PM on his road bike but possibly not on a TT rig.

Wow these numbers though.

So Jaco weighs 70kg(according to Wiki), avrge power for the duration of the course says 469w.. That's equates to an average of about 6,7w/kg for a full 57mins... That is impressive!!

Estimated power from Strava, not actual. If he was doing that he would be winning Grand Tours / World TT Championships.  

Estimated power from Strava, not actual. If he was doing that he would be winning Grand Tours / World TT Championships.  

True. I mean Wiggo only had to hold 440W for the hour record. Jaco would be lining up for Strade Bianche on Saturday with that sort of power

Also amazed at the lack of coverage. Even from the event organizers themselves, who have been poor on social media. Very little updates.

Mobile network coverage is no excuse. Compared to say MTB like imbuko big5 where there was livestream of the leaders for a great portion of the race. This race was fully in the mountains vs TOGH that is taking place is decent size towns. 

I have tried to follow any updates last 2 days but since given up.