Are Hardtails dead?

T_Boss

So I pulled the trigger earlier this year sold my long loved custom Scale and got a new Spark 940. Long story short Spark gone and started a Scale "new" build. Little hard to get what I want in lockdown but have a couple of upgrade parts on hand.

Plan: Fattest rubber that fit the frame✔️, dropper, 120mm up front, 50mm stem 760-800mm bar and short carbon cranks✔️.

I have the rubber and crank but need a chainring and 31.6mm 120-150mm dropper.

really like riding my Scale again...good fun hardtail....i like that custom spec

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I pulled the trigger earlier this year sold my long loved custom Scale and got a new Spark 940. Long story short Spark gone and started a Scale "new" build. Little hard to get what I want in lockdown but have a couple of upgrade parts on hand.

Plan: Fattest rubber that fit the frame✔️, dropper, 120mm up front, 50mm stem 760-800mm bar and short carbon cranks✔️.

I have the rubber and crank but need a chainring and 31.6mm 120-150mm dropper.

really like riding my Scale again...good fun hardtail....i like that custom spec

She is almost done just need to fit the dropper, luckily I still have the 34.9 to 31.6mm shim just one small change and going full internal routing. Will ad a photo when all done in the next few days.

I assumed the Fe was referencing the symbol for iron due to their bikes being steel framed.

Correcto .... Big Steel .. or more big hitting steel frame 

I wonder how they decided on BFE?

I know the BFF and BBF acronyms. This one was new to me. :blink:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFE

It's pronounced Beefy and apparently B is for burly and the Fe is the symbol for iron... Could be a myth tho. 

Edit: Sorry, missed the comments and came to the party late with that one. 

Anyway, because I can't find a decent Kingdom Vendetta I'm going back to the Steel option HT. I'm very keen on this Cotic (£549) with the other option being a Ribble HT £499.  Hummm.... they have the blue cotic in stock as a medium! 

Edited by T-Bob

It's pronounced Beefy and apparently B is for burly and the Fe is the symbol for iron... Could be a myth tho. 

Anyway, because I can't find a decent Kingdom Vendetta I'm going back to the Steel option HT. I'm very keen on this Cotic (£549) with the other option being a Ribble HT £499.  Hummm.... they have the blue cotic in stock as a medium! 

Do it!!!!

Anyway, because I can't find a decent Kingdom Vendetta I'm going back to the Steel option HT. I'm very keen on this Cotic (£549) with the other option being a Ribble HT £499. Hummm.... they have the blue cotic in stock as a medium!

Yes!!! This thing is so droolworthy. I've had 2 Cotics and I can only say good things about them... the only bad thing is the idiot that bought them a size too small.

Yes!!! This thing is so droolworthy. I've had 2 Cotics and I can only say good things about them... the only bad thing is the idiot that bought them a size too small.

And you repeated that mistake on how many bikes?

I "won" a Hub charity auction to buy a Simple at way over the asking price a few years ago.

Over the last 18 months I have ridden it more times than everything else put together and I love it.

The only thing I regret is that I got rid of the P29 I was running SS at the time. It would be nice to have the choice of a geared HT sometimes..