Are Hardtails dead?

T_Boss

That is ludicrous. It doesn't even have AXS or a power meter for that price.

I know there was a thread a while back where it was discussed that you can actually build most S-Works bikes with the exact same spec for cheaper if you were to buy all the parts separately than if you were to buy a complete bike from Specialized. I haven't done the maths, but I am pretty sure it will be the case here, even with the poor exchange rate. I am even willing to go as far as saying I think it will work out cheaper if you built it with AXS and a Quarq power meter.

It was the Spaz Enduro .. if memory serves there was Pinkbike vid review of the bike where they said the same.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just leave this ZAR sadness right here.

New prices have started to filter through on a few new stock items which have been arriving across the board, this is even before the new R44k Roval LTD wheels...

attachicon.gif2020-05-28_12-21-18.png

This is cheap enough for me to buy two, one for riding and one spare for when the other one is dirty.

That is ludicrous. It doesn't even have AXS or a power meter for that price.

I know there was a thread a while back where it was discussed that you can actually build most S-Works bikes with the exact same spec for cheaper if you were to buy all the parts separately than if you were to buy a complete bike from Specialized. I haven't done the maths, but I am pretty sure it will be the case here, even with the poor exchange rate. I am even willing to go as far as saying I think it will work out cheaper if you built it with AXS and a Quarq power meter.

yes but that way you can't brag to your friends of how much your Spaz cost by leaving the price tag on or their "subtle" hints ????

I'll just leave this ZAR sadness right here.

it's almost like they are trying to kill HTs off by doing this...as in totally overpricing them. who would buy this? the avarage spaz buyer would see the dual sus bike next to this on the floor at a similar price and probably just get that....because bragging points.

A person serious about XC racing in the market for a 'HT weapon' knows there are better things out there for a similar price....

i mean sure if you could buy it....but even then i'd question your sanity since you could build or get something else in a similar configuration that firstly looked better (obviously important if you buy spaz bikes) but would also make this look like an over specced VW polo.

we've all driven past that guy in the polo GTi with the 19" wheels, full trim package, full panoramic sunroof....knowing he spent R500k+.....on a polo LOL.

i guess i answered my own question there....

who would buy this? the same guy who buys a vw polo Gti :ph34r:  ^_^

Edited by morneS555

I believe there is one for sale on the hub, at least when I last checked.

I don't want to look, practically in negative funds. 

That fiets does make me physically hard and moist though. 

I wonder how many other bikes you could buy for the price of that spaz. They have to be different materials... Steel, Ti, alu, carbon, wood! Sure you could fit at least 3 good spec' hard tails at least (and I'm also including a custom frame from - shock - a frame builder). 

Dreambike !
and their frames are bomb proof. With good tyre clearance and warranty up to 120mm you can build a light trail rocket I will take this over a sworks any day of the week.