Durbanville Club Road Etiquette

Quagga

two things...

also, disclaimer:

I 'liberated' these images off the google machine and reposted them here without consent from the original owners so I can reinforce my own agenda. 

PS:wish someone would actually go to court defending the privacy of pictures they knowingly uploaded themselves onto the internet lol. Please try.  Social media isn't some laanie residential security estate.....once it's on the interwebs, you could just as well have printed it on a billboard and mounted it next to the n1in peak traffic. its out there.

post-64325-0-37680400-1580440620_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-96677300-1580440625_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm well.. bit of a loss for words

I might have missed it but have someone used the excuse that till ALL the other road users don't treat ALL cyclist with respect (even the tjops), it is fair game and safer to ride in big groups across the road?  

pps: lol...

very private indeed.....

I can't be bothered to check but I seem to recall that the Facebook and Instagram T&Cs say that the IP of any photo uploaded to their site is thereby assigned to them.

So let's see if FB is aggrieved enough to sue. I suspect that Durbanville club will ride in single file before that happens...

Edited by eddy

I can't be bothered to check but I seem to recall that the Facebook and Instagram T&Cs say that the IP of any photo uploaded to their site is thereby assigned to them.

So let's see if FB is aggrieved enough to sue.

lol jip. imean i dont evn have facebook or instagram or twitter. im for all intents and purposes a ghost by todays standards.....and I can leisurely access that facebook page (and i did) by just clicking on that image to see all those alleged defaming images...

people just need to read more. EULA's..books, whatever. stop being a sheep imo.

You are wrong once again, those pictures are within a group on Facebook where these people gave their consent and is protected by copyrights. On Facebook these people are also not being battered.

You have actually stolen these pictures and then battered these people without their consent and or knowledge.

As i said your ego seems to be bigger than your IQ.

Ok, I had to smile at this post is probably closer to a test case of crimen injuria than the OP comments, who was more making a comment on the clubs general action on a public road, than directing it at spesific individuals.  

This matter has been taken up for legal representation and actions as only selected pictures were chosen by the individual to defame members or "club".

oopsie.. a first time poster making big statements (wait that was a different thread) 

or at least not with the group/individuals in question

Indeed. Or, with people who respect the road rules and other road users as I do. 

oopsie.. a first time poster making big statements (wait that was a different thread) 

I smell a duplicate account for ClubHubber 

Which will be ironic since he/she posted rules but does not adhere them them.

I smell a duplicate account for ClubHubber 

Which will be ironic since he/she posted rules but does not adhere them them.

And it would be such a shame as it is actually a nice nickname

Come on everybody..... really. You should all be ashamed. You know you can not take a picture from an open page on Facecloth and paste it anywhere else. Social media was never intended for that. And then further to that, making a comment that you think somebody else's behavior is sub optimal. Very judgy. The feel good attitude of 2020 says nobody says anything negative on social media anymore.

Having a hand holding sing along at 14:00 on that road curve. #allwelcome

Edited by LongDonkey

Now I know why I always train on my own.....

Yes yes no group dynamics and coffee stops...

Me I don’t get why people have to ride and take selfies... it’s always groups as well hardly ever solo riders

Yes by all means stop and take pictures of the scenery, your bike or your cappuccino.... but really selfies ??????

Reminds me of the song

https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g