Cyclist hit at R4S

Patchelicious

Ok, I'm going to confess here to kicking some mofo's car yesterday. 

Flippen douche bag almost made me **** in my new Tri suit. 

I was on a brick session (run part) and I see this car and he looks forward, I thought he saw me, clearly not, mofo accelerates!! Because him beating some traffic and saving 30 secs of his time is a win win, however his 30 secs almost cost me my life. I saw douche bag not stopping, I then stopped and hit reverse in world record time, he swerved and I managed to give his car a flippen hoof of note.

That douche bag didn't even stop he sped down the main rd like it was nobody's business taking a few questionable gaps. That really pissed me off! 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long till a person (cyclist or motorist) comes out all windybum (Windgat) throwing punches with the aggrieved to only be given a runny nose smack (Snotklap) and is told to hold his mouth (Hou Jou Bek).

what I have personally seen is that in most cases the person who is in the wrong is the person who acts most aggressively, be it verbal or physical aggression. 

I once saw a cyclist punch a Taxi driver... that was a good day for me. 

I was on a brick session (run part) and I see this car and he looks forward, I thought he saw me, clearly not, mofo accelerates!! Because him beating some traffic and saving 30 secs of his time is a win win, however his 30 secs almost cost me my life. I saw douche bag not stopping, I then stopped and hit reverse in world record time, he swerved and I managed to give his car a flippen hoof of note.

That douche bag didn't even stop he sped down the main rd like it was nobody's business taking a few questionable gaps. That really pissed me off!

Try-athlete you say?

If someone deliberately hit me with his car, I'd throw a brick at his face never mind his car. This twat deserves to go to jail - no point in debating whether he intended to drive off or not and what not. He intended to harm the cyclist first and foremost. 

Again it shows that motorist do not know the road rules that stated "Give way to ALL pedestrians and cyclist and animal drawn carts"

I once saw a cyclist punch a Taxi driver... that was a good day for me. 

Where did you see this

I also think the driver was just moving his car out of traffic (if he was intending to flee the scene I don't think a slap on the side of his car would have made any difference whatsoever)

That said I don't blame the cyclist for hitting out at the car and I'm also not surprised by the driver's reaction. Both were probably in shock and most of us wouldn't act rationally in those situations. Much easier to sit behind the safety of keyboards on a monday morning and judge others.

100%

According to the road rules you are not allowed to move your car anyway UNLESS you are 100% sure no one is injured and from the video it does not look like the driver made SURE the cyclist was ok?

He just got back in his car and drove and THEN the cyclist gets up. 

We can see from the video that the driver was out of his car, we don't know what happened then, maybe he got called birds names and saw the cyclist was beiing helped anyways...

I'm not judging any of the two as like I said, I would probably be the first to swear, or throw stuff at the car, or over react if my car was being hit, I just find people quick to judge from a video where we don't see much context

If someone deliberately hit me with his car,

If that's what happened, then ****him and his car  :whistling:

Edited by Jbr

Again it shows that motorist do not know the road rules that stated "Give way to ALL pedestrians and cyclist and animal drawn carts"

Where did you see this

Kenilworth centre years ago, the days before camera phones. We were at the car wash opposite and heard a commotion (cyclists doing the usual, AYYYYYYYYYYYY) was told that the Taxi cut a group of cyclists off to make the turn, they lost their **** and chased him down. He defo didn't know what was coming his way cause he was offloading a passenger, must have been family or friend but next next he knew boom IN THE FACE! 

Driver,  while running a redlight, hits cyclist from behind....

and cyclists say cyclist shouldn't have hit the car while drier is violently moving vehicle away from the scene of the accident. :eek:  :whistling:  :cursing:

&$%*( the self righteous attitude runs strong .....

Where did you see this

Nail on the head, I really love the little wave or smile they give you when they say sorry I didn't see you... I usually reply with oh thanks, I hope you have that same smile when you tell my wife and kids I'm not coming home. 

I normally get told to go vlieg in my moer or "I mustn't push" or some other colourful Cape cuss word... but anyway whatevs....  :thumbdown:

100%

We can see from the video that the driver was out of his car, we don't know what happened then, maybe he got called birds names and saw the cyclist was beiing helped anyways...

I'm not judging any of the two as like I said, I would probably be the first to swear, or throw stuff at the car, or over react if my car was being hit, I just find people quick to judge from a video where we don't see much context

If that's what happened, then ****him and his car  :whistling:

We dont need to know, the driver can not and should not move his car until he KNOW and has been told that the cyclist is OK. I dont see how the driver could think the cyclist is ok when the cyclist has not got up yet. And even if the cyclist is being helped, you are NOT allowed to move your car UNLESS you know not one is injured.

Nail on the head, I really love the little wave or smile they give you when they say sorry I didn't see you... I usually reply with oh thanks, I hope you have that same smile when you tell my wife and kids I'm not coming home. 

I normally get told to go vlieg in my moer or "I mustn't push" or some other colourful Cape cuss word... but anyway whatevs....  :thumbdown:

I stopped next to a women one morning and asked her if she has ANY clue how close to me she was. She had no idea, and claimed she did not see me...."Sorry" 

I said, the fact you did not see me is understandable since you were on your phone. 

Just for the record. "Sorry" does not feed my kids / wife etc.

She looked like someone emptied ice on her

I said, the fact you did not see me is understandable since you were on your phone. 

I once pulled up next to a woman in a convertible on her phone. I was on my VERRRY LOUD Honda CBR. 

I revved it so hard I think she might has actually wizzed on her seat.

I watched the video many times and I can see that there are some evidence of perhaps a deeper relationship between the driver and cyclists.   I think they were in a love relationship but broke up the night before because the guy on the bike cheated on the driver.   The driver was mad and decided to get some revenge - knowing his ex's normal cycling route he waited for him at this specific robot to show his anger.

The pink shirt and words "why would I do this to you?"  is what made me come up with this theory.  Please note that my assumptions are only based on my subjective interpretation of the limited evidence of the event as portrayed in the short video, and is in no way to be considered as the truth.  

100%

We can see more, and we also have the eye witness testimony of a credible witness.

Anyone who believes that the same agressive, fist swinging driver had been leaving the scene of the accident in a law abiding and conciliatory state of mind because he intended parking on the side of the road, is unfamiliar with the human condition...

Edited by eddy

Anyone who believes that the same agressive, fist swinging driver had been leaving the scene of the accident in a law abiding and conciliatory state of mind because he intended parking on the side of the road, is unfamiliar with the human condition...

If only all criminals fleeing the scene of their crimes could be foiled by a firm smack on the passenger door...