Cyclist hit at R4S

Patchelicious

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver,  while running a redlight, hits cyclist from behind....

and cyclists say cyclist shouldn't have hit the car while drier is violently moving vehicle away from the scene of the accident. :eek:  :whistling:  :cursing:

&$%*( the self righteous attitude runs strong .....

Did people say that?

I was under the impression the cyclist lashing out at the car had been given a solid thumbs up?

but honestly guys and gals we also never learn - the amount of total knobs leaving R4S yesterday was shocking - riding 2 and 3 abreast after the event down main roads like Trichard and others where some places there is no yellow line... I stay in the area so I saw a lot of this - it was not just an isolated incident

Don't be a knob - be responsible

The roads are unsafe enough as it is. Why you would put yourself in harms way like that... :unsure:    :stupid:

If only all criminals fleeing the scene of their crimes could be foiled by a firm smack on the passenger door...

Indeed. But I think he stopped to bliksem the guy. He only pulled over once he realized that his numberplate had been taken and there were witness to testify to a hit-and-run

If only all criminals fleeing the scene of their crimes could be foiled by a firm smack on the passenger door...

This was not some cash in transit robber stopping because somebody hit his car as he was trying to get away.

This was a person who ran into a cyclist out of anger, then getting out of his car to dish out some more anger.

This was not some cash in transit robber stopping because somebody hit his car as he was trying to get away.

This was a person who ran into a cyclist out of anger, then getting out of his car to dish out some more anger.

Maybe - but none of us really know do we? We are all just speculating based on a video of a few seconds. I think if he really intended to flee the scene he would have done so but I'm also not a mind reader.

Maybe - but none of us really know do we? We are all just speculating based on a video of a few seconds. I think if he really intended to flee the scene he would have done so but I'm also not a mind reader.

Myles knows, I know Myles. He is a credible witness.

all true, but the vid suggests that the cyclists wasn't badly hurt, not enough to the point he stopped bending over, and decided to rush the 'fleeing' vehicle and throw something at it quite violently. he also seemed quite unperturbed after being attacked by a hamfisted windmill.

Suffice to say, he seemed ok enough that said windmill could move his car out of the way as allowed by traffic laws. I mean why would he drive away, why would he do that!?

ps: windmill has to pay. Good luck arguing innocence after hitting someone from behind, especially a cyclist.

all true, but the vid suggests that the cyclists wasn't badly hurt, not enough to the point he stopped bending over, and decided to rush the 'fleeing' vehicle and throw something at it quite violently. he also seemed quite unperturbed after being attacked by a hamfisted windmill.

Suffice to say, he seemed ok enough that said windmill could move his car out of the way as allowed by traffic laws. I mean why would he drive away, why would he do that!?

ps: windmill has to pay. Good luck arguing innocence after hitting someone from behind, especially a cyclist.

"Wasnt badly hurt" is relative. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago. I got up, took my bike out of the road and gave the driver a mouthful then continued to ride home, thought I wasnt badly hurt, just a few scrapes. I had stiff shoulders for 2 week, limited use of my right arm for a week, my back hurt for 2 weeks, could not put pressure on my right knee or wrist for 3 days and the roasties are still healing.

Adrenaline is a wonderful thing.

"Wasnt badly hurt" is relative. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago. I got up, took my bike out of the road and gave the driver a mouthful then continued to ride home, thought I wasnt badly hurt, just a few scrapes. I had stiff shoulders for 2 week, limited use of my right arm for a week, my back hurt for 2 weeks, could not put pressure on my right knee or wrist for 3 days and the roasties are still healing.

Adrenaline is a wonderful thing.

when my dad was hit, apart from the roasties and the xrays showing fractured bones he did not look that bad.

a month or so later the internal bruising started coming to the surface along with the pain.

so yes, adrenaline and hidden injuries can make things seem just fine.

and just typing this reminds me of a late mate. Got taken off his motorbike and slid into an upright of one of those new fangled barriers that are just cables next to the road.

He got up and walked over to his bike only to collapse a minute or so later due to a ruptured spleen.

Perhaps Miles would like to give a precis of what happened?

Did people say that?

I was under the impression the cyclist lashing out at the car had been given a solid thumbs up?

Some oke in a previous post was/is of that opinion

I dont think the driver was trying to drive off at all, if you look at the direction of his car and position of wheels he was just trying to move the car out of the road.

Looks like the cyclist lost it as he thought the guy was trying to duck.

Cyclist throws something at the car then the driver loses his **** cause he thinks the cyclist is now attacking him.

If you see the drivers reaction after he goes to bliksem the cyclist you can see he is now the donder in as he gestures that he was trying to park the car on the verge.

*** situation, everyone seemed to overreact, eish. At least nobody badly injured from the look of things. Maybe just some bruised egos.

Edited by Coolspin