Cyclist hit at R4S

Patchelicious

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many comments saying the cyclist was wrong to throw something at the vehicle. 

Personally I would have done the same thing... You've just been taken out and now the driver is jumping into his car and then driving off (even if he was going to park). The driver could have said let me move my vehicle and I'm sure the cyclist would not have reacted the way he did. 

He was lol, the driver was only going to park his car... Okay the way he did it is stupid (not telling anyone, doing it so fast...), but still, throwing something at the car not knowing what the guy is doing is stupid, he assumed he was leaving, he assumed wrong...

Edited by Jbr

He was lol, the driver was only going to park his car... Okay the way he did it is stupid (not telling anyone, doing it so fast...), but still, throwing something at the car not knowing what the guy is doing is stupid, he assumed he was leaving, he assumed wrong...

While I agree with your sentiment, this does not justify violence.

I'm hard pressed to agree with anyone who tries to justify violence in non life threatening situations.

I'm hard pressed to agree with anyone who tries to justify violence in non life threatening situations.

I understand your point about justifying violence. 

So could I ask what your response would be if your were hit and the dude "moves" his car but in fact he rides off into the sunset? 

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying ? The cyclist shouldn't have hit the car as he assumed the driver was leaving the scene when he was actually just parking his car out of the road.

The driver shouldn't have attacked the cyclist for hitting his car as the only thing he can achieve by that is hurt the person he just drove into even more...

It's all very easy to say from behind a keyboard having seen half of the incident though. I would probably have done both in any of these guys positions... I get angry quite quickly when drivers put me in danger by their own negligence, and I would have been super pissed if someone hit my car as I'm just trying to clear the scene of an incident (even if I'm responsible for the incident) after obviously checking on the person I just hit and made sure he's alright (which seems to be what happened right before the video starts) 

Edited by Jbr

Me think the driver has 2nd thoughts and stopped. 

The cyclist shouldn't have hit the car as he assumed the driver was leaving the scene when he was actually just parking his car out of the road.

Says who ?   Noone but the driver, and then only after the fact.

So could I ask what your response would be if your were hit and the dude "moves" his car but in fact he rides off into the sunset? 

I see it the same way you do.

The driver should have helped the cyclist to the edge of road etc THEN  only move his car.

It not what a normal person would do? Check on the person you just ran over and help him

This driver walks away before the cyclist is even on his feet. I dont think the driver was going to park his car.

Isn't that exactly what I'm saying ? The cyclist shouldn't have hit the car as he assumed the driver was leaving the scene when he was actually just parking his car out of the road.

The driver shouldn't have attacked the cyclist for hitting his car as the only thing he can achieve by that is hurt the person he just drove into even more...

It's all very easy to say from behind a keyboard having seen half of the incident though. I would probably have done both in any of these guys positions... I get angry quite quickly when drivers put me in danger by their own negligence, and I would have been super pissed if someone hit my car as I'm just trying to clear the scene of an incident (even if I'm responsible for the incident) after obviously checking on the person I just hit and made sure he's alright (which seems to be what happened right before the video starts) 

According to the road rules you are not allowed to move your car anyway UNLESS you are 100% sure no one is injured and from the video it does not look like the driver made SURE the cyclist was ok?

He just got back in his car and drove and THEN the cyclist gets up. 

I also think the driver was just moving his car out of traffic (if he was intending to flee the scene I don't think a slap on the side of his car would have made any difference whatsoever)

That said I don't blame the cyclist for hitting out at the car and I'm also not surprised by the driver's reaction. Both were probably in shock and most of us wouldn't act rationally in those situations. Much easier to sit behind the safety of keyboards on a monday morning and judge others.

Oh no wait... I don't mean having a tantrum and throwing something at the car. I mean getting out and throwing punches.

If someone took me out from behind I would likely be angry enough to throw something at his car if he looked like he was driving off.

Throwing decks and putting up your dukes though.... All too often people counter pretty base situations with threats of violence and are quick to act on them.

If someone damages my stuff I still won't assault them and won't justify physical assault. Not on Dwayne or Dewan the scammers or pippie who broke my tail light because I just knocked him off his bike.

there are a number of factors at play here, and lots of emotion thrown into the mix.

The cyclist is pretty pissed off for nearly getting killed.

The driver, whether intentional or not is more than likely in a bit of shock realising what he has done

Was the driver going to drive off ? It certainly looked like it from behind my keyboard. And the way the guys were shouting out the reg makes me think they thought he was going to drive off too.

how long till a person (cyclist or motorist) comes out all windybum (Windgat) throwing punches with the aggrieved to only be given a runny nose smack (Snotklap) and is told to hold his mouth (Hou Jou Bek).

what I have personally seen is that in most cases the person who is in the wrong is the person who acts most aggressively, be it verbal or physical aggression. 

there are a number of factors at play here, and lots of emotion thrown into the mix.

The cyclist is pretty pissed off for nearly getting killed.

The driver, whether intentional or not is more than likely in a bit of shock realising what he has done

Was the driver going to drive off ? It certainly looked like it from behind my keyboard. And the way the guys were shouting out the reg makes me think they thought he was going to drive off too.

exactly, the driver didn't use the opportunity to indicate that he was just moving his car off the road. the assumption that he was going to speed off is not fantasy.

lots of things wrong here. Throwing something at the car is like #5 on the list of things done badly.

Oh no wait... I don't mean having a tantrum and throwing something at the car. I mean getting out and throwing punches.

If someone took me out from behind I would likely be angry enough to throw something at his car if he looked like he was driving off.

Throwing decks and putting up your dukes though.... All too often people counter pretty base situations with threats of violence and are quick to act on them.

If someone damages my stuff I still won't assault them and won't justify physical assault. Not on Dwayne or Dewan the scammers or pippie who broke my tail light because I just knocked him off his bike.

Damn and hear I was hoping to learn from you about peace and love! hahahahahah

According to the road rules you are not allowed to move your car anyway UNLESS you are 100% sure no one is injured and from the video it does not look like the driver made SURE the cyclist was ok?

He just got back in his car and drove and THEN the cyclist gets up. 

^^ THIS