Best VPN for Netflix?

Xianders

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but you seem to be rather tech savy. Maybe, you can advise me on my problem.

I have a JVC smart TV. Other than endless problems to get it to connect to wifi, some of the apps have expired. The TV will not allow me to update them and won't allow me to download again. Google shows it to be a common problem. My biggest gripe is that one of the expired apps is Youtube. I'm just biding my time until Netflix and the browser suffers the same demise.

Any idea on how to fix this issue?

I have been in contact with JVC (Nuworld) and their support is as useless as an A cup bra on Dolly Parton.

I have found some solutions on Youtube, but none have worked. 

I have the same issue with my samsung tv. Not very SMART if you ask me. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ok, geek speak stops.

we speak client plep language.

The Mibox and the two PC's connect to a router at home.

How, where do I put software that is Getflix (which apparently Netflix has blocked) or Xpress VPN.

Getflix is easy. Three things you need to do.

Register with them, I think the first 30 days is free.

Change your DNS server address to one of theirs. You can either do this on the PC or the router,  Best to set it on the router if you can, but you need to login first to the settings etc . google the key words and you will find answers easily.

Then you need to load their web page, login, and update your public IP address. It will also check your DNS server settings and tell you the status. There are ways to automate this with a dynamic DNS service.

You can also change zones to enable various 'services'.

Will one also be able to use these VPN's for other geo locked thingies like  amazon prime and google movies?

Interesting article here on Opera..

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/best-browsers-for-privacy/

In particular:

7. Opera

opera.png

The creator of the CSS web standard, Hakon Wium Lie, developed Opera in 1995. The browser has since adopted much of Chromium’s code into its software and is now considered one of the more popular privacy-oriented browsers.

Weeks between updates: 4-6. This Chromium-based browser lags a little in its updates, which come out every 4-6 weeks. Ideally, the updates should be implemented every 3-4 weeks to minimize exposure to vulnerabilities patched by the latest Chromium release. 4 stars

Security: Opera boasts several security features that make your browsing experience safer. From its fraud and malware protection to blocking scripts and add-ons that are unsecure, Opera provides a robust, secure browsing experience. 3 stars

Privacy: As with Chrome, Opera’s default window will cache your data, and its private one won’t—although you can tweak this in your settings to enhance in the default browser window. While Opera does provide ways to customize your privacy and security, the opt-out method of securing and privatizing your browsing experience may not be appreciated by those more comfortable with browsers that provide it by default.

More alarming, though, is the free built-in VPN that Opera bought in 2016. It’s a troubling addition to the browser, as it tracks bandwidth and logs usage, and Opera itself is owned by a company based in a country notorious for privacy violations. Browser beware. 1 star

Screen-Shot-2019-02-27-at-8.57.31-AM.png

See here for reason:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/18/opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million/

If you're using your browser it's much more that that but , OK then.

Not if all you use it for is watching the odd Netflix show surely?

There are VPN plugins for other browsers, like on Firefox I have used the free  "Urbnan Free VPN" recently with good success.

There is not one magic tool that does it all, you need a few at your disposal..

If you're using your browser it's much more that that but , OK then.

It's my day to day browser..I don't use the VPN though

Use any VPN you like. But this is only if you use a VPN exclusively for Netflix. All because free VPN services are undesirable to use, as they can record your data. I would recommend Veepn to you https://veepn.com/, but it is quite specific. But since I use it, you can try it.

Edited by Scinetic

Will one also be able to use these VPN's for other geo locked thingies like  amazon prime and google movies?

Yes it definitely works for Amazon, not 100% sure about Google movies but its most likely supported too.

• 2 weeks later...

For most services it does work, if the service you are using has the technical infrastructure needed to let you pass through the systems either its streaming Amazon, Disney plus in South Africa or Netflix all works here with right tools.

On Monday I took a NordVPN 1 year sub for $50....seems to be working fine with Netflix...a bit more rubbish to watch for 3 weeks....